Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe M42 Helmet

Article about: Howdy, I just found this wonderful War Relics website last week and recently joined. The content on the forums here is amazing! Given this, I picked up this helmet a few years back. Looked l

?

Default Luftwaffe M42 Helmet

Howdy,

I just found this wonderful War Relics website last week and recently joined. The content on the forums here is amazing! Given this, I picked up this helmet a few years back. Looked like a good one to me, but since reading thru the many discussions on the forums I wanted to get the opinions of the experts here.

Thanks in advance.
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M42 Helmet   Luftwaffe M42 Helmet  

Luftwaffe M42 Helmet   Luftwaffe M42 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M42 Helmet
    P
    Many

Looks good, welcome

welcome to the forum Jeff! i think you have a nice m42 i like NS shells

I don't see any problems. A nicely aged M42.

?

Thanks for the quick responses and warm welcome! So far so good on the helmet...my 1st German WWII helmet purchase. Plan to pick up a few more in the future, and I certainly know now where to go for expert advice - thanks!

Welcome sir , looks a good original Luftwaffe M42 to me as well. I would like to see some images in "natural light" to be sure but I'm 99% it's fine. Are you a Paul Weller fan or is your name just the same? Leon.

?

Thanks for the feedback Leon. I'll get some natural light pics for you. As for Weller, that was my great-great aunts married name (Weller is also a German surname) and the WWI Iron Cross in my avatar picture was her husbands. She came to the USA later than the rest of her family and brought the Iron Cross with her. My grandmother on my Dad's side of the family gave me the Cross when I was 12 yrs old since I always pulled it out of the drawer and admired it.

?

Good to have you here.
    Nice model 42.

Agree with Leon he's on the money on that one I like it too natural light could make a lot of difference on it. timothy

?

Guys, some additional pics I just took outdoors...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M42 Helmet   Luftwaffe M42 Helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast