Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions

Article about: Hello Forum, One I have been considering. This one looks ok to my (inexperienced) eye. One thing I noticed is the the stamped air vent looks a little un-even in thickness, but may just be th

Default Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions

Hello Forum,

One I have been considering.

This one looks ok to my (inexperienced) eye.

One thing I noticed is the the stamped air vent looks a little un-even in thickness, but may just be the light.

Apologies for the small pics. The fact the swastika is rubbed out in one pic is a bit strange considering the site its advertised on allows swastikas. May indicate a failed ebay sale.

Any opinions from the experienced are always much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions   Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions  

Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions   Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions  

Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions   Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet for opinions
    P
    Many

?

Looks like an honest lid, but the series of line marks all over the helmet leave me suspect. Not sure if that is normal wear or if purposely put there.

The helmet is a good helmet. The liner is very dry, the liner string looks to have been replaced. The liner maybe original to the helmet, but I do not know why I have a feeling that it it is has been replaced. I may be wrong on the liner replacement please wait for another assessment.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks gentleman,

yes I didn't really notice the scratches or line marks until you pointed them out Doug. It's hard to see in these pics but may be old storage marks?

Maybe one to inspect, it's not too far away from me.

Thanks again for the quick replies!

Hi, it looks ok to me, those scratches look like a child may have taken his/her compass needle to it, but it was done a long time ago in my opinion, and not an attempt to fake age the shell. Not the greatest example but if it is cheap enough then why not! Leon.

Good honest lid.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

looks ok to me.