Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe SD camo.. Real or fake?

Article about: Help please brought this helmet from a uk militaria dealer advertised as original but I'm really not sure that it is I can still return it so hope somebody can help..

Default Luftwaffe SD camo.. Real or fake?

Help please brought this helmet from a uk militaria dealer advertised as original but I'm really not sure that it is I can still return it so hope somebody can help..Luftwaffe SD camo.. Real or fake?Luftwaffe SD camo.. Real or fake?Luftwaffe SD camo.. Real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe SD camo.. Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Shell itself is probably good, EF62/Emaillierwerke AG Fulda size 62, but the camo looks post-war with an added repro decal.

---my 2 cents

Thanks. I believe the shell is genuine as well but the camo just looks to clean an no wear marks other than light scratches decal definitely questionable. Also noticed flecks of black paint on the rim edges could have been a Czech reissue?

?

I'd be returning this Asap and getting a refund.

Alarm bells rang as soon as I got it out of the box. Contacted the dealer who has been great and happy to give me a no quibble refund. anyone recommend a good uk dealer of German helmets?

That is good news.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Welcome to the forum!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks ade 👍.

?

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    Alarm bells rang as soon as I got it out of the box. Contacted the dealer who has been great and happy to give me a no quibble refund. anyone recommend a good uk dealer of German helmets?
    Glad to hear you can get your money back John, your alarm bells are in tune it would seem.

Brad.

?

Always some Good helmets for sale in our Classifieds John !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paid £225 for the shell and took the risk the dealer offers a 14 day no quibble returns guarantee thank god! So it's definitely going back. I'm new to collecting but definitely bitten bitten by the bug. Also realising what a mind field it can be determining original from fake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast