Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe single decal opinions please

Article about: The dreaded Ebay

Default Luftwaffe single decal opinions please

Just purchased this helmet and again putting it on for discussion. As i'm new to this i would like the helmet Jedis to take a look at the Decal and other points and let me know what you think........ Looking at the liner i would say a replcement however the split pins show some rust marks. The helmet seems to be part relic as the inside is rather rusty up to the peak where it looks clean.....to the rear there is a massive rust patch but not all the way over the helmet. The texture of the paint is quite rough. The inside is rust coloured however the outside is not. The rear split pin is a definate replacement as it doesnt match the pitting.Could this helmet have been rubbed down a rebuilt?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe single decal opinions please   Luftwaffe single decal opinions please  

Luftwaffe single decal opinions please   Luftwaffe single decal opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe single decal opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe single decal opinions please

A few more pics...iwouldnt say the liner belongs to this and there are sadly no makers marks as the rust covers them. Shell feel alot lighter than my q marked shell though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe single decal opinions please   Luftwaffe single decal opinions please  

Luftwaffe single decal opinions please  

And i got a free hair with it

I think this is a put together helmet. It is a relic helmet that has been repainted, artificially aged, and then given a Norwegian liner and a poorly inserted liner band. The decal looks convincing, but scares the crap out of me. The chinstrap is a fake.

Regards,
    Corey

In my opinion this shell has been worked over considerably, paint included. The liner is definitely a replacement and the leather appears scrubbed, as folks do when they try to clean the Norwegian Reissue liners...This is only my opinion, and I've been wrong more than once around here!
    Nice display piece...I'm a Stahlhelm Rescuer myself...Cheers, Glenn

Hi, i am sorry to say that i agree with what has been said alreadyA re-worked shell,replacement liner that is out of shape suggesting it has been well and truly messed with and a repro chinstrap for good measure!. On the bright side a very convincing decal has been used.

I don't like this one, one darn bit. All the signs of "put together". Liner is probably post war Norway. Looks like a lot of pitting from rust under that paint. Start working on sending it back, ASAP. Please, try to post any helmets prior to purchasing, so we can avoid seeing you go through this again.

?

Fully agree with Helmetone, its a complete mess and a refund should be sought asap

Ok thanks for your valued opinions...i knew it was a bit of a stinker the moment i pulled it from the box. I'm working on sending it back but seller is being a difficult.........As always this place and it's patrons have helped me out .Cheers Dale

Quote by rockape79 View Post
    Ok thanks for your valued opinions...i knew it was a bit of a stinker the moment i pulled it from the box. I'm working on sending it back but seller is being a difficult.........As always this place and it's patrons have helped me out .Cheers Dale
    And that is EXACTLY why it is imperative to post prior to dropping the cash. You might get your money back, but they are going to make it difficult for you. Keep at them and they may make good. Where did you buy it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast