Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

luftwaffe size 62 question

Article about: Great idea. I have similar stands, but the knob should be small enough to fit through the gap in the middle of the liner avoiding contact with it - The helmet itself rests on the knob.......

?

Default luftwaffe size 62 question

I found a luftwaffe m35 SE size 62 helmet in an antiques store. I do not have any photos available at this moment. A size 62 seems rather small. Were these helmets used for kids? The liner was intact and the decals has some minor wear and the overall condition was very good. What is a fair price for something like this based on my description? If it has potential I could go back and get some photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe size 62 question
    P
    Many

Default Re: luftwaffe size 62 question

The smallest size shell was 60, 62 is not all that uncommon. They were not for kids in particular, just soldiers with tiny beans. Sounds like a double decal - in good shape about $900-$1100 would be a VERY rough guess - hard to say without seeing it. Jim G.

Is it a single decal or double?

P.S. Happy 1,000th post to me. : D

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Is it a single decal or double?

P.S. Happy 1,000th post to me. : D

It's a double decal.....looks like it may be worth a 2nd look. I'll get photos this time. BTW....Happy 1000!

Yeah if its a DD then I would go back for some pics at the very least. Jim is on the money by the sounds of it, without seeing the lid of course.

Looking forward to the pics being posted!

Photos would help greatly.................!

As stated, size 62 is quite common, although larger sizes are somewhat
    more desireable. A size 62 won't fit on a regular styrofoam headform.
    Here is my one and only Luft lid for comparison -'Q62'.
    ( Sorry for the poor quality pics )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe size 62 question   luftwaffe size 62 question  

Regards,

Steve.

My first really nice helmet was a single decal army M40. It is also a 62.

It looks pretty funny on my 68 cm. head.

?

Today I went back to the shop to take some pics of the helmet. The owner claims that he had it authenticated and I could take all the pics I wanted. Never know, though, sometimes the owner can be dupped. Here are pics of the decal and liner. It looks good to me, but would like your blessings before I buy it. He wants $400 for it......is that a reasonable price for a M35 SE62 double decal Luftwaffe helmet with decals in this condition? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe size 62 question   luftwaffe size 62 question  

luftwaffe size 62 question   luftwaffe size 62 question  

?

There is a very similar one at a local shop here too but it's a single decal and the liner ishrunk flat so it wouldnt fit on a foam head. they want $400 too. I think yours is better for that price for sure.( if I were you I'd do some haggling).
    ~Dean

Price is defiantly reasonable for what it is, but I agree haggle as much as you can!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast