Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe unusual decal????

Article about: yes....gotd....we always pay heeps more for stuff in AUS.....thanks for your imput....oh what do you collect in regards to militaria?...

Default Luftwaffe unusual decal????

....just need help to identify what this helmet decal was from???..........i cant seem to find any history or info on the decal...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe unusual decal????   Luftwaffe unusual decal????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe unusual decal????
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe unusual decal????

Could be a fantasy piece?

yeah well ....ive never seen a decal like that before..

?

Yeh its a really strange decal, is it painted on?

..not sure buddy,,....a collector is selling it i just got the pics.....

?

You'd think if it was fair dinkum its very rare or a one of a kind......I'd thought I had seen most decals but this one is out there. Maybe it is a painted on presonalised sheild by a particular soldier.

description says this.....
    RARE RARE HELMET, The helmet is a snow camo , DD with one decal being that of the Bulgarian red cross unit working with the German Luftwaffe,
    There is very limited reference to this decal, when this helmet came to Australia many years ago, no-one had seen the decal before & there was no one around faking the decals because very few people in the world knew they existed,, so that puts the idea of the decal being a fake straight out of the equation,
    Helmet is in lovely condition as the images show,
    Liner & chin strap are in nice condition, chin strap maker marked & also has another unknown stamp on it,Paint work is still very good, at least 70 %

?

I dunno, a bulgarian red cross unit working with the luftwaffe??? His story sounds a little suss IMO. Kinda reminds me of a fake I saw claiming to be a Latvian SS medics helmet in Normandy cam. Whats he asking for it?

.........................................$3500 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS.....bit of a risk... whats the old saying?? better to stick to known examples with provinence at that price...

?

wow 3500!!! you'd get a nice SS helmet for that. Theres a bloke down here at Tyabb selling a MASSIVE Reich war flag for 1640, but I seen the same flag on the net for US500. I suppose seeings these types of things dont turn up down here all that often and that seems to raise the price a bit.......but 3500 is a little steep

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast