Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?

Article about: Very true, we all want a bargain but at the same time, where there is a possible red flag and a cheap price you have to question it.

Default Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?

Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?

Im not 100% sure of this one, the liner overall has no real wear or tear to it, nor have i seen a 7 finger liner before, but that might be true in some cases it is a small sized shell, the overall look to the paintwork appears too good especially the camo and seeing its hiding the adler that might be hiding the fact that it could be a fake decal, if it is a true luftwaffe lid, its quite possible that someone has added the camo, and if so may have ruined an otherwise decent helmet, lets see what the others say, what price has been put on this

It sure doesn't have very much wear on it for being a camo. I don't really know what to think of it either. Nothing really sticks out as a red flag. My guess is that it is an original LW M42 that someone camo'ed at some point post-war. NS Luftwaffe decals are my favorite so it would be a shame if someone intentionally ruined it. There is also the possibility that someone has studied the details of the Luftwaffe NS decal and painted over a fake decal in order to hide its authenticity.

It looks like an almost untouched m-42 that someone did a later touch up with spray paint. Hard to prove this to be true or not so I would pass. It would be to easy for someone to apply a fake luft decal then to conveniently cover most of it with the paint.

Not one I'd want. Looks painted yesterday.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Not one I'd want. Looks painted yesterday.
    +1

Quote by Miahurricanes83 View Post
    It looks like an almost untouched m-42 that someone did a later touch up with spray paint. Hard to prove this to be true or not so I would pass. It would be to easy for someone to apply a fake luft decal then to conveniently cover most of it with the paint.
    I think so too......

An original M42 with 'recently' applied camo, with a
    likely fake decal and replaced liner.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 03-23-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Then all the fake?
    I've done it in a website auction and the price is 286 Eur

?

The price should be a big warning sign, if this was a true untouched camo in this condition it would command a price of at least €750 upwards

As I said, the price is an auction site and the price is not decideel seller.
    If instead of 286 Eur had told them it cost Eur 1000 would be more original?
    I like the comments that have been explaining why they believe the article is false, or do not like me based on the price.
    The vendor has this page:
    Staegemeir GmbH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast