MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW Afrika CAMO M40 Helmet "Regt. General Goring" marked?? Real deal?

Article about: Ok.. I don't want to become an expert on finding "good" fakes only. I usually have dubious finds and here is another one which has also a too good stamp inside which I never saw. I

Default LW Afrika CAMO M40 Helmet "Regt. General Goring" marked?? Real deal?

Ok.. I don't want to become an expert on finding "good" fakes only. I usually have dubious finds and here is another one
    which has also a too good stamp inside which I never saw. I don't have more pictures for now but let's see
    if it is necessary in the first place.. is it too obvious what it is. Fake, partially fake or 100% original? Hmm..
    Any help is very appreciated. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Afrika CAMO M40 Helmet "Regt. General Goring" marked?? Real deal?
    P
    Many

If you keep on dreaming to find the nicest camo's cheap you will keep on posting these kind of helmets.
    Topics without decals close-ups are not done in my opinion. The topic is not just for your benefit but also so others can learn.

Someone once said ' study the originals.....and the fakes become apparent ' .........wise words

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Someone once said ' study the originals.....and the fakes become apparent ' .........wise words
    And study means , buy an Original helmet and look at it. Don't chase bargains if you don't know a turd from a diamond. :-)
    It may sound harsh but it is actually honest advice. If you really want to start collecting open that wallet and buy a helmet from the classifieds here for market price. That's the entry fee. We all paid it many times over.

M42 with Africa camo, do some research on timelines never mind paint and decals.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ok thanks everyone. Got it. So should I ask additional close up photos? To be sure?
    (That was a joke)
    The similar camo helmet I posted the other day was harder to tell than this one. Same seller had Zundapp motorcycle sold for 12.000€
    and other great items so I thought it was reliable (before using my eyes :-)
    This one is far more obvious but don't blame me. I simply don't have enough time to study all the material. I do lots of other things.
    So I post it here and receive fast evaluation about it and I am thankful to all. Sorry but I am not an expert and I hope here it wasn't just intended
    to be a place for only professionals and experts. It's free for now and if I offend someone with random trash that I post I'm sorry but no need to answer then.
    Many times such helmets are out there on internet so sometimes I notice that there is already a thread about it.
    I also posted few originals I must admit in some of my not so recent posts. My "mistake" ha ha
    In 25 years of collecting I never overpaid some item.I managed to find various times helmets at half price and far less.
    If I was at right time and place I could have bought Schwimmwagen jeep (yes the one and how freaking rare is that jeep model)
    for only 20.000$ but it didn't happen.

So for all my future posts I ask excuse in advance since there will be some nice repros there.
    Stanley Kubrick said that you gotta see thousands of bad movies to make a good one..

Don't worry.. I won't be those 1000 bad helmets here.. well maybe just a few more.

Directors cut
    The end

Quote by Panzer78 View Post
    I simply don't have enough time to study all the material. I do lots of other things.
    So do a lot of us my friend...........you are not the only one

An M42 with the stamp Regiment General Göring should raise suspicion. A quick look at the history of the HG Division shows they upgraded to Brigade in 1942 and then expanded into Division size later. The M42 was not manufactured until August 1942, let alone distributed in great numbers until after that time. Odd to see a stamp like this inside a helmet liner. One look inside by a captor and the id of your unit is revealed. Also, be careful not to think all desert sand camo is related to Africa. It could be a color used in other tropical areas including Italy. I will defer to others with more knowledge. Better photos will help. NH

Quote by Panzer78 View Post
    Ok thanks everyone. Got it. So should I ask additional close up photos? To be sure?
    (That was a joke)
    The similar camo helmet I posted the other day was harder to tell than this one. Same seller had Zundapp motorcycle sold for 12.000€
    and other great items so I thought it was reliable (before using my eyes :-)
    This one is far more obvious but don't blame me. I simply don't have enough time to study all the material. I do lots of other things.
    So I post it here and receive fast evaluation about it and I am thankful to all. Sorry but I am not an expert and I hope here it wasn't just intended
    to be a place for only professionals and experts. It's free for now and if I offend someone with random trash that I post I'm sorry but no need to answer then.
    Many times such helmets are out there on internet so sometimes I notice that there is already a thread about it.
    I also posted few originals I must admit in some of my not so recent posts. My "mistake" ha ha
    In 25 years of collecting I never overpaid some item.I managed to find various times helmets at half price and far less.
    If I was at right time and place I could have bought Schwimmwagen jeep (yes the one and how freaking rare is that jeep model)
    for only 20.000$ but it didn't happen.

So for all my future posts I ask excuse in advance since there will be some nice repros there.
    Stanley Kubrick said that you gotta see thousands of bad movies to make a good one..

Don't worry.. I won't be those 1000 bad helmets here.. well maybe just a few more.

Directors cut
    The end
    There , you said it "fast evaluation".
    Throw some photos in a topic and hope that someone who knows will spend his time looking at them and evaluate for you.
    It's give and take , even if you are inexperienced or do not have time to study up you can present a good topic for discussion to the forum.
    If you really really want a helmet AND honest useful feedback make an effort to present the helmet in question in detail. What use is an evaluation without seeing a decal close-up. Nothing. We should uphold standards to avoid a forum full of dead topics only useful to the topic starter.

As Doug described it here : Picture quality is important!

Just saying. I have time to help you and I am a serious student of German helmets , just don't expect McDonalds service. Put in that little extra effort to present a full and useful topic and it will pay off a whole lot more than these drive by's.

Nope, There you go, a useless quick appraisal as it has zilch information to learn from, but it is accurate! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast