Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LW helm...possible pick...but have concerns opinions

Article about: I would like start with, these are not pics at hand, and yes...I wish they were better. I did see it first hand. My concerns are; the tri color shield. At close up the eagle looks good to me

?

Default Re: LW helm...possible pick...but have concerns opinions

That is exactly why I left it at his house guys...too many red flags. Then trying to tell me it was war damage...I thought to myself...he shot the dang thing. I wanted to confirm the concerns...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW helm...possible pick...but have concerns opinions
    P
    Many

fbeaty I just saw this your concerns are correct as the others posted I bet the shell itself is OK liner replaced and decals, there was a certain east coast dealer (Long out of business) I used to get helmets from that looked just like this Original shell, paint Decals were always applied new and often as this one on a m-42 that should only have Army or Luft SS insignia single. Liners were always played with and he often used Bund W German ones. Thanks timothy

Quote by fbeaty View Post
    That is exactly why I left it at his house guys...too many red flags. Then trying to tell me it was war damage...I thought to myself...he shot the dang thing. I wanted to confirm the concerns...
    What I don't understand is that you'd consider paying 300 USD for this possible pick while there are very nicely priced ones in the classifieds. Still more expensive but a lot better and untouched.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Run Run !!!!!Keep 300 usd for a best item.
    Im no expert, and certainly am not a runner, but agree!

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    What I don't understand is that you'd consider paying 300 USD for this possible pick while there are very nicely priced ones in the classifieds. Still more expensive but a lot better and untouched.
    Ahh but Frank. you know everybody wants a bargain! False economy in my eyes. You get what you pay for

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Ahh but Frank. you know everybody wants a bargain! False economy in my eyes. You get what you pay for
    Its only a bargain if you're not ripped off

?

Lol...at this time all my stuff is from the local market. I would not have paid 300 for it if I thought is was untouched...or it depends. I usually pay very little for local items from vet families. But this guy was telling me some #$@% and I wanted to make sure my suspicions were right. The m35 helmet rough paint I posted earlier, was a bargain for $35. I haven't yet tried buying the upper priced things...in for sell area on this site. Maybe that will change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2