Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit

Article about: Hello folks .... I visited an estate collector today and he offered up some helmets to me, and I am not smart on them so I seek a 2nd opinion. This one is an LW variant ...damaged liner and

?

Default LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit

Hello folks ....
    I visited an estate collector today and he offered up some helmets to me, and I am not smart on them so I seek a 2nd opinion.
    This one is an LW variant ...damaged liner and damaged shell. I am interested if you feel the Helmet is legitimate, including decal.
    Thank you! Dan

LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitLW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitLW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitLW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitLW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitLW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitLW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitLW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hitThanks! Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit   LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit  

LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit   LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit
    P
    Many

I like it I think the damage to it makes it a unique piece. Seems like nobody was wearing it when someone put a bullet through it. So maybe some soldiers picked it up and used it for a target or maybe even post war target practice. Wait for others opinions as well.

MAP
    ?

It all depends on the price. Helmet looks fine as far as originality but the damage will significantly reduce the value IMHO

I would want an undamaged example, but we all have different tastes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Most likely post war pot shot damage. That will significantly reduce value to a collector. Shame really, as the rest of it looks in good condition.

?

The damage reminds me of this pic.
    LW Helmet with apparent bullet/shrapnel hit

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

thanks guys! … and thanks for that picture Phil … never seen that before! Dan

nice one , go for it.