Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW Helmet opinions please

Article about: Hello again.....on a quest to find a nice Luftwaffe Helmet and this one has come up. The Helmet has no stamps on the shell....is that a sign of post war helmet or repro? These are the only p

Default LW Helmet opinions please

Hello again.....on a quest to find a nice Luftwaffe Helmet and this one has come up. The Helmet has no stamps on the shell....is that a sign of post war helmet or repro? These are the only pics i have at the moment. Should i let this pass or or grab it? I could always wait for a better one and maybe splash the cash on a real good one....aslong as the wife is none the wiser. As ever your opinions are greatly valued. Cheers Dale
    Attached Images Attached Images LW Helmet opinions please  LW Helmet opinions please  LW Helmet opinions please  LW Helmet opinions please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Helmet opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: LW Helmet opinions please

It looks honest enough to me, there will be stamps somewhere I imagine, sometimes they are very weak though. Better pics of the liner pins would be good, it might have been swapped out, decal pics too wouldn't hurt. What is the asking price?

I saw this listing as well. You should post the other pics this guys has up of this helmet because they tell the story alittle more. Here is the listing eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Now personally I think its a put together helmet thats been jazzed up with a name. The inside of the helmet looks cleaned in the pics and I do not believe the liner belonged to this helmet, though it looks real. The biggest killer is the name, with the wording of the rank and Jagdgeswader 17 which doesn't exist (well doesn't in my google search anyways) Looks like it written with paint pen and quite modern to me.

My biggest advise I can give is save your money for that one good lid from a reputable dealer. We have all been there, wanting our first real good lid and when you bite the bullet and spend the decent money on a good one you wont be able to take your eyes off of it. If you took the plunge with this one, sure its a german helmet but its never going to be that one looker that steals your eyes when you enter a room.

Just my thought

Cheers
    Jason

Yeah was thinking about the BIG ONE....One of the nicest i've seen belongs to KradSpam and i believe it's his Avatar now....That was a great looker

I'd keep saving. As Jason said, make your first helmet count. Get yourself something that you will look at and smile. Not one you will look at and wish you hadn't bought. And stick to dealers for now. They cost a bit more, but the guarantee and return policy is there if you aren't satisfied.

Quote by rockape79 View Post
    Yeah was thinking about the BIG ONE....One of the nicest i've seen belongs to KradSpam and i believe it's his Avatar now....That was a great looker
    Thanks very much for that, it's actually my favourite

I tend to agree with Jason...The entire "Flugleutnant etc" in the liner raises red flags with me...
    I think you can do better with a bit of patience. When you see "The One" you'll know it...just my opinion, Glenn

Ok thanks for the Gen on this one.... I have couple of lids but they are have had quite a hard life and would realy like a nice Luftwaffe lid to be part of the collection....as a stand out piece

Any opinions on the LW Helmet in the classified section on here?

Looks original but a bit pricey IMO. I sold a very similar one recently, liner exactly the same for about $250.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast