Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lw m40 sd

Article about: Hello, still nothing new from the other helmets I posted earlier.. Anyway, another guy has answered my ww2 interest ad with a Luftwaffe M40 SD. The interior is obvious an awful post-war repl

?

Default Lw m40 sd

Hello, still nothing new from the other helmets I posted earlier.. Anyway, another guy has answered my ww2 interest ad with a Luftwaffe M40 SD. The interior is obvious an awful post-war replacement. He has sent me some crappy pics like 95% of the other unserious sellers but I still like the outside of the helmet. I asked him to send a nice clode-up of the eagle and I got this and he blamed his camera. I said to him that I need a much sharper pic to do a 100% judgement, so he's gonna let his son photograph tonight..

But I became a little more skeptical when I saw the black spots inside the helmet. Let's hear your thoughts?

It's an ET64, 5007.

Thanks// Sweguy

Lw m40 sdLw m40 sdLw m40 sd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lw m40 sd
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lw m40 sd

Shell looks honest. The black crap almost looks like he stuck that liner in with tar or something. What is he asking? I'd buy it if it was cheap.

?

It could be so. I've asked him several times what he wants for it but he sort of forget to answer me, the same time as he's sending his pictures. I really like the outer shell for display and if it's cheap and I buy it, I will try to remove the liner and see what's underneath.

?

Outer shell actually looks fine. The chinstrap looks dyed to me. The black stuff is most likely the black sealant you use for car body work etc. I would buy it if the decal is good and the price is right.

Regards, Lars

I like the look of the shell from the pictures, the chinstrap definitely looks postwar - the leather looks way too 'thick' to be original. Liner is a stinker

Chris.

Quote by radidas View Post
    the chinstrap definitely looks postwar - the leather looks way too 'thick' to be original.
    Not only postwar - it seems to me home made with straight cut ends and rivets. Maybe the shell can be saved?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Helmet looks good to me but I am not so sure about the Strepsils box!!
    Regards MR

?

The shell is good, but the splinters are probably broken/heavily bent, and it looks the whole inside is held in place with black silicone.

If it was cheapy-cheapy then i would buy it.

?

Some people's children...

?

I have done a decent deal and I think I'm gonna pick it up in a few weeks. Will keep you updated with this one.

Best regards Sweguy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast