Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Lw sd m35

Article about: Met the wife of a vet who had been a member of the same VFW post as I. The gentleman was a WW2 vet served in Europe and had a small collection of items. He was a Staff Sgt, infantry, serving

Default Lw sd m35

Met the wife of a vet who had been a member of the same VFW post as I. The gentleman was a WW2 vet served in Europe and had a small collection of items. He was a Staff Sgt, infantry, serving in the 4th Armored Div. Held the CIB, Bronze Star and Purple Heart. I saw his European Theater ribbon which had four campaign stars on it. He passed away this past summer and the wife asked me to look at several helmets he had as part of a very nice collection. This is a M35 SD Lufty he had. Wife said he sent home as least one helmet but she doesn't recall which one it was, she just remembers it coming in the mail in mid 1945. The other helmets he collected over the years. The other helmets are a tan double decal M40, an SD WH M40, a SD M40 with what looks like the remains of a KM decal, SD SS M40, the SD SS has a replacement chin strap, don't know if it's real. Wife stated he had not bought anything in many many years, but would never sell any of them. Wish I had a better camera. I will try to post pics of the others at a later date. Merry Christmas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lw sd m35   Lw sd m35  

Lw sd m35   Lw sd m35  

Lw sd m35   Lw sd m35  

Lw sd m35   Lw sd m35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lw sd m35
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lw sd m35

Garryowen hello and welcome, Indeed a closer of the decal would be nice. But where i am sitting it looks very nice and all original.

Did she sell you this helmet and what is her plans on the other helmets?

rgds, Ty

Hi Ty, no, as of now, she is not selling any of them at this time, I did ask her to let me know tho. Fingers crossed, lol.

Good luck to you. I hope she does offer to sell them to you

?

Even that pics says thhat this one is a good helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics