Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M-16 Transitional Helmet

Article about: I'm relatively new to helmet collecting and identification and I am unsure of the markings on this one. I can make out the maker code and the marker code. No markings on the liner. There app

Default M-16 Transitional Helmet

I'm relatively new to helmet collecting and identification and I am unsure of the markings on this one. I can make out the maker code and the marker code. No markings on the liner. There appears to be a name on the top inside of the helmet. I have never personally seen a "smooth" eagle decal, so I don't know if someone repainted this to look like a transitional helmet. (I don't know why or how the images got flipped upside down, apologies.)
    M-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional HelmetM-16 Transitional Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-16 Transitional Helmet
    P
    Many

Sorry but it's a messed up M16 with "extra size" austrian fashion pads into a german shell.
    pictures are bad but looks like been painted postwar outside with a fake eagle decal while the tricolor is handpainted (not period time).

The shell is a legit NJ 62 (they made only this size) which stands for Vereinigte Deutsche Nikelwerke, Schwerte/Westphalen.
    later they changed to NS a WW2 helmets maker

MAP
    ?

Andrea is correct.

Sorry for you first post to turn out with news like this but appears that you were already on to this fact. But we provide honest feedback. Something that we can all learn from.

As for the canted photos. This is typically caused by the orientation of the photos as contained on cell phones. While it may look right on your phone, once uploaded to the forum, they go back to the embedded orientation in the photo.

A fix for this is to download them to your PC, rotate and then crop or edit a bit to lock in the new orientation. Then upload directly from the PC. You can try this on your phone directly but it is hit or miss.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)