Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M-35 decal questions....

Article about: This helmet has always confused me. It appears the tri color was at one time painted over with a layer of green paint. However you can see where someone has possibly touched the shield up wi

Default M-35 decal questions....

This helmet has always confused me. It appears the tri color was at one time painted over with a layer of green paint. However you can see where someone has possibly touched the shield up with red and black paint. Could this be a post war touch up or something done previously? The heer decal seems even stranger. It looks like under it is a solid layer of red paint thats now visible through the scratches the decal as received.

Can anyone explain this? Any opinions are welcome. Thank you.

M-35 decal questions....M-35 decal questions....M-35 decal questions....M-35 decal questions....M-35 decal questions....M-35 decal questions....M-35 decal questions....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-35 decal questions....
    P
    Many

Default Re: M-35 decal questions....

I can't really tell from the pictures so I'm just taking a stab at a possibility here. It could have been a double-decal SS that was reissued as a heer helmet. Heer decals may have been applied over the old SS shield and party shield. I am pretty sure that this isn't the case though. The more I look at it the more I realize how wrong I am. haha

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I can't really tell from the pictures so I'm just taking a stab at a possibility here. It could have been a double-decal SS that was reissued as a heer helmet. Heer decals may have been applied over the old SS shield and party shield. I am pretty sure that this isn't the case though. The more I look at it the more I realize how wrong I am. haha
    I've considered that also but it seems to me that if it was a party shield under the heer eagle then you would be able to see the white middle or black swastika. This appears to be all solid red all the way across. That black and red paint applied to the party shield is just so sloppy I cant imagine it would be something period applied that would be up to military standards.

Thanks for the reply

Most likely a post war touch up yes. It looks like someone tried to liberate the tricolor and failing to do that decently painted over it again.