Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M 35 Double Decal...or not?

Article about: The liner looks replaced ,to me. At the very least, this one has been taken out and put back in at one time.

Default Re: M 35 Double Decal...or not?

I have used fake straps myself in the past, but you should be able to find an original strap easily enough for sale on the forums.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 35 Double Decal...or not?
    P
    Many

The more I look at the liner the less I like the leather, especially because of the ink size stamp, and as another said, the stitching. Most that don't go to the top of the finger that I have seen are in larger sizes. I guess what I am saying is that I am having second thoughts on the liner. The shell and paint look okay. The lot number puts this one in the middle of a string of DD police helmets, but that really doesn't mean anything. Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The more I look at the liner the less I like the leather, especially because of the ink size stamp, and as another said, the stitching. Most that don't go to the top of the finger that I have seen are in larger sizes. I guess what I am saying is that I am having second thoughts on the liner. The shell and paint look okay. The lot number puts this one in the middle of a string of double decal police helmets, but that really doesn't mean anything. Jim G.
    I have to agree with Jim, the liner in my opinion is suspect, it certainly has'nt the type of wear consistant with the rest of the helmet, also the size should indicate if the stitching extends up the tongue, although there may be exceptions to that rule .

I think the helmet my have been repainted either during or after the war and has then been stripped for the decals, which has made the paint look like it does. I dont have to much of a problem with the liner on the current pics I like the colour and the thickness ( fakes seem a lot thicker) though better closer photos would be great.

If you want to add a strap I would save for an original,but that's just me.

Jason

?

The out layer that was removed almost makes me thing is was a norwegian reissue from the tan pant residue near the pins
    Sean F

So maybe a Norwegian liner?

another phot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 35 Double Decal...or not?  

and this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 35 Double Decal...or not?  

Quote by davejb View Post
    I have to agree with Jim, the liner in my opinion is suspect, it certainly has'nt the type of wear consistant with the rest of the helmet, also the size should indicate if the stitching extends up the tongue, although there may be exceptions to that rule .
    I kept looking at the liner wondering why I did not like this helmet. The liner might be good, but a Norway used liner. I would like to see some pics of the reverse of the liner. I think that might show if there is red dye on the reverse. I find that Norway must have been very sloppy with the application of the red dye, as it tends to run and be spotty on the reverse. If you can carefully pull the liner outwards from the dome and get some pics of the reverse, please do. Thanks.

?

I'm not sure about being a Norwegian liner but there is definately something not quite right, the inner liner ring to the left hand chin post is melted ,yet no damage to the leather, the ring itself has other damage not consistant with the leather, i therefore think its a replacement which could then be proof of a Norwegian, the very large size marking has traits of same

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast