Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M 35 Double Decal...or not?

Article about: The liner looks replaced ,to me. At the very least, this one has been taken out and put back in at one time.

Default M 35 Double Decal...or not?

Gentlemen, I have another helmet i have purchased from Italy.....as it was described to me the top layer of paint has been removed to reveal the Decals..... the paint removed is a darker green as you can tell by the pics of the pins. A rather careless removal of the paint ....again i'll ask the helmet Jedis for help...What are the expert opinions of the authenticity of this? Thank you for your time..Dale
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 35 Double Decal...or not?   M 35 Double Decal...or not?  

M 35 Double Decal...or not?   M 35 Double Decal...or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 35 Double Decal...or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M 35 Double Decal...or not?

Could you post a clearer picture of the interior? I'm trying to examine the paint.

Thanks,

Corey

It looks right to me. Can you make out the lot number?

hi as im not a german stahlhelm expert as such,could one of you nice people expalin why the stitching on the leather does not go down to the end of the finger,as thats what iv'e always been told to look out for?dave.p.s still a great lid.

A phot of the interior paint.... will try to get a clearer one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 35 Double Decal...or not?  

Looks like an original one that has had a hard life to me. A better shot of the liner would be good.

I don't believe the liner stitching always went to the end of the finger, although that is generally a good sign it is not a hard and fast rule as it pertains to originality.

I'm not at home right now, but I believe I have one or two helmets with liner stitching that does not go all the way to the tip of the finger, and they are no doubt original liners. As Glenn66 said, it's a good sign, but I don't think it is a rule so to speak. I have a M35 DD Lufty that is in very similar condition, with all original parts (except it has a reinforced aluminum liner) and the paint had been worn off with time, as much of it still adhered to the decals (no sign of forced removal). You have a nice helmet there worthy of a spot in any collection.

some better pics....didnt realise how rubbish last pic was...sorry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 35 Double Decal...or not?   M 35 Double Decal...or not?  

What do you guys think to adding a repro strap? I'm just not sure it feels right to put a repro on but the repro i have is a very good one and is even dated 1939.....with such good repro's it's going to be the hardest original part to find and know for sure it's genuine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast