Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-35 helmet, Luftwaffe double decal, opinions.

Article about: Hey guys! Took a gamble on this one! Only \\$60 so I figured why the hell not? Things I noticed right away, Halo around eagle decal, dead giveaway most likely fake? Liner pins do not show same

Default M-40 helmet, heer decal, opinions.

Hey guys! Took a gamble on this one! Only $60 so I figured why the hell not? Things I?

Fake decals

Snow camo looks fake

But liner looks ok

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 04-08-2015 at 09:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-35 helmet, Luftwaffe double decal, opinions.
    P
    Many

Something is fishy about those decals

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    Something is fishy about those decals
    They both look off. The eagle much more. (Black halo around the entire eagle)

Hi, well for $60 I guess you cannot complain, but for me this is a fake shell that's been aged. I cannot see any sign of the "ridge" along the roll over that you would expect to see and putting that with the lack of factory markings makes me think it's bad. Leon.

T
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, well for $60 I guess you cannot complain, but for me this is a fake shell that's been aged. I cannot see any sign of the "ridge" along the roll over that you would expect to see and putting that with the lack of factory markings makes me think it's bad. Leon.
    Thanks Leon! Markings could possibly be lost to time? What jumps out at you as being aged? Just curious? Many thanks!

Hi, well as I said, as there are no factory markings or "roll ridge" that suggests a possible fake shell. The decals do not look right either as you have pointed out. Put that with the extremely heavy pitting inside and out that is consistent in level, then I would be thinking that this has been buried for a while or had an aging acid used on it, that could also add to the "yellowing" to the decals. The liner certainly does not belong in this helmet as if it were buried with it, it would be in a much poorer state judging by that consistent level of heavy pitting inside and out. The factory markings on EF helmets can sometimes be soft but I would still expect to see some sign of them even in this condition. All other makers have strong bold markings so it rules them out. Leon.

4md
    ?

the pitting on the helmet looks strange almost like the helmet has bad acne

R
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, well as I said, as there are no factory markings or "roll ridge" that suggests a possible fake shell. The decals do not look right either as you have pointed out. Put that with the extremely heavy pitting inside and out that is consistent in level, then I would be thinking that this has been buried for a while or had an aging acid used on it, that could also add to the "yellowing" to the decals. The liner certainly does not belong in this helmet as if it were buried with it, it would be in a much poorer state judging by that consistent level of heavy pitting inside and out. The factory markings on EF helmets can sometimes be soft but I would still expect to see some sign of them even in this condition. All other makers have strong bold markings so it rules them out. Leon.
    Thanks again Leon! Oh well worth the risk at $60 lol.

I usually don't like almost relic items, but in this case the pretty even pitting looks nice to me personally. the eagle does look odd as the other decal seems to have honest wear against the helmets condition. so to me it looks like the eagle was added later maybe to increase value when it was sold in the past,
    where did you get this, I need to shop where you shop.
    To me 60 is a steal.

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    I usually don't like almost relic items, but in this case the pretty even pitting looks nice to me personally. the eagle does look odd as the other decal seems to have honest wear against the helmets condition. so to me it looks like the eagle was added later maybe to increase value when it was sold in the past,
    where did you get this, I need to shop where you shop.
    To me 60 is a steal.
    I work in a gun shop, and we get a tone of trades ins, a lot of millitary surplus comes in with firearms. most of the time junk.. But every now and then some cool stuff. Also I couple of others shops know I like the old crusty stuff lol. And give me a call when they get some cool stuff in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast