Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-35 named

Article about: Hey everyone, I am new to this forum, but have been around the collecting community mostly in buying Iron Crosses and SS daggers. I come here because of the community's known expertise when

mcgillicuddy
    ?

Default M-35 named

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum, but have been around the collecting community mostly in buying Iron Crosses and SS daggers. I come here because of the community's known expertise when it comes to helmets. So I will explain what I need help with. I have a friend who is in possession of an M-35 with a camo job on it. He acquired it from a friend who affirmed that the helmed was owned by Hauptmann Dr. Hugo Treiber who was the commanding officer at the Azeville battery in Normandy. There is a stamp with his title and name on it, and you can see it was put over what looks like the original marking of his name underneath. I will not pretend to be a helmet expert so I humbly ask opinions on authenticity and value. Please let me know if you need any information further as far as pictures. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-35 named   M-35 named  

M-35 named   M-35 named  

M-35 named  

2. # ADS

Personally I'd need it in hand. I am not a huge fan of the overall patina of the camo but that is just my own opinion through a screen and these particular pictures.

I really like this one a lot. Correct ET Decal, 100% original liner and chinstrap. The name also looks period applied. As for the camo I see no red flags. I have a very good feeling about it. Wait for the camo guys to give a better opinion.

?

Although I am currently looking at in on a small screen, I think you may have a winner there, particularly when I look at the crown.
    Regards,
    John

The helmet looks good to me.
    The info that comes with it ,I really do not think so.
    chris

Just a few requests: A close up shot of the camo around the liner pins would be helpful. Also, if you can, add some close ups of the different paint colors. You will get better opinions with better pictures. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum, the helmet ,liner and chinstrap all look original to me. The cammo is of an unusual type but that appears to be good from these images as well. Some very nice close-up pictures of the paint would be good to make a better judgement ,especially around the pins. Also , what is the helmets manufacturer? The wear to the shell looks to be consistent and not contrived so I would say this one stands a great chance of being a good original cammo. As for the naming, I have never seen that type of "over stamp/sticker/varnish?? Maybe it's period, maybe not? Leon.

?

I give it a chance, but would really like to see some good paint close ups.
    Also a good straight on close up of the decal with no flash if you can.

Brad.

I havee one from one Hauptmann, it is similar, good writing!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Looks great from the bottom, nice name, period applied paint and in pencil also, as far as the top goes, camo's can be a minefield, wait for an expert, but for me it looks good, if not then it is a scary good fake job which is why I would only purchase one from a expert. Good luck I hope it turns out ok but helmets like this need to be inspected 'in hand' and is hard to say original just from photo's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast