Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M 40 SD Kriegsmarine

Article about: Hi friends, I've had this for a while and thought i would share with you. I purchased this as a denazified piece, as the decal was covered in what looked to be thick glossy paint. The paint

Default M 40 SD Kriegsmarine

Hi friends,

I've had this for a while and thought i would share with you. I purchased this as a denazified piece, as the decal was
    covered in what looked to be thick glossy paint. The paint turned out to be lipstick and wiped off easy enough with
    a tissue. And under the lipstick was what i believe to be a KM decal. The draw string is missing and the rivets a little
    loose. IMO it looks like someone monkeyed with in the past, perhaps looking for money or maybe a map leading to
    the Amber room. As always i look forward to you comments.

Take care,

Mart

M 40 SD KriegsmarineM 40 SD KriegsmarineM 40 SD KriegsmarineM 40 SD KriegsmarineM 40 SD Kriegsmarine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 40 SD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

a Couple more.......Mart

M 40 SD KriegsmarineM 40 SD Kriegsmarine

IMO it looks like a toned heer decal

Quote by warbuff View Post
    IMO it looks like a toned heer decal
    Thanks Warbuff,

Look at the close-up photos, bottom half of the swas. There is a slight overlap of the the black giving the 3D effect, which leads me
    to believe this is a two layer decal.

Mart

the 3d effect of the swaz is normal for heer and kriegsmarine decals. still believe its a heer. the only odd thing I notice is the silver under the decal...

MAP
    ?

I personally have a very hard time determining if decals are toned Heer or KM from pictures. But the silver is a clue that it could be a KM decal. This is due to the two piece construction.

Would be more comfortable if some others come along.

BTW....Is the helmet black? Or is it just the pictures?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I personally have a very hard time determining if decals are toned Heer or KM from pictures. But the silver is a clue that it could be a KM decal. This is due to the two piece construction.

Michael
    Thanks for your input, I too would feel more comfortable with more input from others.

Mart

Martin, I also believe it is a Heers, it looks toned. But you have it in hand.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

M38
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post

Michael

No doubt in my mind it is a Heer. The silver only reinforces that to me. With KM decals I look for a white under color rather than silver but that is not the only thing that leads me to believe this is a toned Heer. It is just not gold enough and EF KM helmets of this era often have the thin wing KM decal, which this obviously is not.

But I'm going from pictures alone and you don't know me and have no reason to trust my opinion, which is all this is. Nice helmet regardless, although you need to get more of the lipstick off. It still shows up in the close up photos, down in the nooks and crannies.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Thanks Terry. I thought was silver was the clue but I guess it is "white". That's why I love this forum. Learn some new things every day!!

And personally I think it was Mart who got the lipstick on the decal when he gave a nice big kiss.....LoL..
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast