Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M 42 helmet colors

Article about: I purchased this helmet from a reenator 10 yrs ago. The set on my shelf until I decided to take a closer look. The helmet pins are original, So I decided to use acetone, to remove the paint

Default M 42 helmet colors

I purchased this helmet from a reenator 10 yrs ago. The set on my shelf until I decided to take a closer look. The helmet pins are original, So I decided to use acetone, to remove the paint the reenator used. These are the colors I found underneath. What is everybody's opinions and thoughts about it?M 42 helmet colorsM 42 helmet colorsM 42 helmet colorsM 42 helmet colorsM 42 helmet colors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 42 helmet colors
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

To me it is hard to tell and would only be guess work. Near impossible to tell when these layers of paint were added. Stripping helmets removes many of the clues we need to form opinions.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Zulu079, do you have any pictures of the helmet prior to you removing the reenactor's colours?

Here is the best picture I could find. The paint he used is a common re enact or paint sold by 1944 militeria.M 42 helmet colors

You are correct I thought to be worth a shot.

Agree with MAP. At this point, it's all speculation. One might say former "whitewash or white paint"...but really nothing to form a solid opinion as far as being period done
    D.

impossible to say , only that it would have had a decal. Possibly LW.

Thank you everybody for the awesome responses