Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m-42 hkp good?

Article about: OK so Good shell, postwar liner debatable chinstrap and postwar paint. Got it, Thanks again for all of the insight.

?

Default m-42 hkp good?

Hello all I have this M-42 stamped hkp I have never had one like this can someone confirm it is a good lid? Any opinions welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m-42 hkp good?   m-42 hkp good?  

m-42 hkp good?   m-42 hkp good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m-42 hkp good?
    P
    Many

It's a "Beauty" if it is legit! I can't see anything wrong with it but i'm sure the Helmet Gurus will be able to tell you more.

Cheers Phill.

I venture to guess the only thing that appears to be original is the shell. The strap looks like a repro. R Larsen Berlin is a very common repro strap mark. It's also an original strap maker, too. The liner has the appearance of the junk coming out of Eastern Europe. And i do not like the look of the snow paint. Those are my observations.

?

It looks polished.

I am with the above that is a good genuine WW2 helmet HKP Saxony maker I have a couple of them one in 66 like above and one 64. timothy

?

Thanks for your replies! Is there any way to tell if the liner is good or bad? would a close up of some portion of it help?

Hi , original shell with a fake "white cammo" for me. The wear on the top of it is completely un-natural , looks to have been scrapped/sanded. I to am not keen on the liner or chinstrap either, the liner looks to have been treated to age it , hence the "shrinkage". Leon.

?

I would say the shell is the only good thing about the helmet and maybe the chinstrap which is debatable. The paint has no age to it, real snow white camo should have some toned or yellowing, but this paint looks new. The liner does not even appear to made of real leather from the period looks like the fakes coming out of europe

?

Not one I would encourage you to go after I'm afraid

Brad.

SE changed their mark to hkp later in the war. I agree with the guys on the paint.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast