Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Front Seam

Article about: well guys i just brought a m1 helmet and the seam is at the front of the helmet does this make it ww2 era ? ,i will post pics when i receive to help you out if needed .thanks !

Default M1 Helmet Front Seam

well guys i just brought a m1 helmet and the seam is at the front of the helmet does this make it ww2 era ? ,i will post pics when i receive to help you out if needed .thanks !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1 Helmet Front Seam
    P
    Many

Default Re: M1 Helmet Front Seam

Hi,definately need pictures.The shell maybe a WW2 front seem but is it repainted?Is it swivel bale/fixed bale?We cannot tell you without pictures.Does the liner conform to WW2 configurations or is it a later one?Again we can't tell you without pictures.I think you probably now have more questions than answers!! I hope to have a good "look" at it soon so we can help.

ok well i cant answer much as i have not got it but its been repainted to earl vietnam colors by the looks of it ,i cant tell if its the sandpaper finish or cork either but i will post pics or EVERYTHING when i get it in the next few days.thanks ! oh and the liner is 50's i know that for a fact cheers.

scratch that i have pictures now !

- - Updated - -

these are from trademe the new zealand version of ebay just in case your wondering what those water marks are .cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet Front Seam   M1 Helmet Front Seam  

M1 Helmet Front Seam   M1 Helmet Front Seam  

M1 Helmet Front Seam  

Early post war liner
    Greetings

I suppose it depends on what the term "early postwar"actually means.the liner is a p55 type made from yes 1955 to 1963.note the webbing is 100%cotton not HBT.All front seamed were WW2 produced unless proved otherwise,swivel bale with postwar T1 hook configeration chinstrap,regards minnie.

You might get more replies in the M1 forum kamerad.

I never even noticed that Andy,good idea to move it me thinks,regards minnie.

thanks will do guys