Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet

Article about: I did not have a WW1 helmet in my collection really no reason just didn't, so this week I added this one. A Austrain transitional m16/17, It is made by Gegruder Bohler & co. I believe th

Default M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet

I did not have a WW1 helmet in my collection really no reason just didn't, so this week I added this one. A Austrain transitional m16/17, It is made by Gegruder Bohler & co. I believe this maker only made size66 helmets and by the rimless bolt it would be a 66 or 68. The decal has wear and the helmet as some paint lose.The liner is in good shape with sweat damage.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet   M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet  

M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet   M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet  

M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet   M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet  

Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 08-09-2015 at 03:46 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16/17 Austrian transitional Heers helmet
    P
    Many

A nice piece to add to any collection.

A fine example, I like it a lot! Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Nice one Marty. Glad to see you picked this up.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am glad you like the helmet, I really like it too. I do have a question, is an Austrian helmet less desirable than a german made helmet, or they both the same? I do not care one way or the other just a question. Marty

MAP
    ?

A far as I'm concerned, ya got to have an Austrian version in the collection ...

Whether it is more or less desirable I'm not sure.

Yours is a nice one. Mine has really loose pins so the liner rattles around a bit.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well crap!!!! you are telling me i have got to have a german maker in the collection. Well the wife's birthday is coming up soon.
    Marty

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Well crap!!!! you are telling me i have got to have a german maker in the collection. Well the wife's birthday is coming up soon.
    Marty
    Well for starters you need an M16, M17, M18, ear cutout M18, M35, FJ 38, M40, M42...and then one of each maker and one of each maker for the Heer, Luft, KM, SS, Police. Then you need to expand into camo and wire netting and cloth covers and then once that is done you can go for the rare and/or "one off" examples....SA, RZM SS, etc. etc.

At least you and the wife have many more birthdays and holidays.

Once you are done with THAT, you then need to get all the Allied variation...it never ends buddy. Never ends.

Good luck explaining that one!

Michael

Well I do not have an SS or police helmet. I did try my hand at camo's that did not work out so well, and the crazy thing is this helmet came from the same guy with the camo.
    Marty

?

Great addition Marty. For some reason those Frankenstein lug air vents just give me that OOOHHHH so good feeling.
    Congrats on that one
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast