Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please

Article about: Out of a recent estate sale. Huber jordan decal. All insights and questions welcome, thanks a lot

?

Default M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please

Out of a recent estate sale. Huber jordan decal. All insights and questions welcome, thanks a lot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please   M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please  

Attached Images Attached Images M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please  M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please
    P
    Many

?

another pic...

Quote by vady View Post
    Out of a recent estate sale. Huber jordan decal. All insights and questions welcome, thanks a lot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 austrian reissue/transitional for comment please  

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice HJ decal to me. Overall from these photos I don't see anything wrong. Steel liner band indicating a later war transitional?

Transitional helmets are not my area of expertise so wait for others
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

thanks -

HB - you mean huber decal right? yes, m40 liner band, tho I cant make out makers marks or date but then I don't want to bend the thing 10 ways to sunday to find out, anyhow some of the later ones unmarked I think. anyone else chime in if you please!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks like a nice HB to me. Overall from these photos I don't see anything wrong. Steel liner band indicating a later war transitional?

Transitional helmets are not my area of expertise so wait for others

MAP
    ?

Yes. sorry. It was a typo. I'll fix it. Liner band is tight to the shell so I agree. Don't go poking around.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I note there are maybe a half dozen very similar or identical examples here. as it'll be for sale I'd appreciate some thumbs-up thanks

?

please what's a fair collector-to-collector price range for this helmet??

?

by the way the lining looks crinkled in the pix, b/c I'd drawn it up to look for markings - its 'll nice and smooth again.

MAP
    ?

I would look on some dealer websites and if you find one in similar condition, knock off a 30% or so (that said, some dealer websites are way too high).

There was one for sale in the classifieds here. Take a look and compare the price.

Edit: The one I was talking about is gone, but there is a Luft one for sale.

?

thanks loads. will do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast