Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Bel L transitional

Article about: Gday All, Here is my new lid...thanks to Sandgroper!!! this helmet has certainly done the rounds of Australia recently and has been in the collection of two Aussie members, before crossing t

?

Default M16 Bel L transitional

Gday All,

Here is my new lid...thanks to Sandgroper!!! this helmet has certainly done the rounds of Australia recently and has been in the collection of two Aussie members, before crossing the continent to me!

Now, I would like to throw a few Hypothesis out there....im not one to try and make out something its not, but please bear with me!

The liner string has been replaced (obviously) but does it look like a period leather boot lace? the chin strap is a strange one, with what "LOOKS LIKE" a corpse cut....maybe, probaly not...but could it be a period replacement, though I have not seen a german chinstrap like this...maybe it was taken from another helmet as our Soldat was replacing his liner string with a scrounged leather boot lace....one likes to ponder!!! liner has a repair, maybe period....many would run and hide at these abominations to an otherwise perfect lid, not in my collection some would shout over their shoulder as they run....me, I find them food for thought!

Anyway, I am very happy with it, the above postulations occur to me whilst laying in bed next to my blissfully unaware wife as i look at the the lid on my bedside table waiting for the medication to kick in!!!

Any thoughts or comments on my hypothesis would be appreciated

Thankyou for bearing with me... Tongue firmly planted in cheek!.....more to follow

Tony

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Bel L transitional   M16 Bel L transitional  

M16 Bel L transitional   M16 Bel L transitional  

Last edited by AMTG; 06-04-2012 at 11:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Bel L transitional
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M16 Bel L transitional

A few more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Bel L transitional   M16 Bel L transitional  

M16 Bel L transitional  

That is a great looking transitional. Drawstring seems period. Chinstrap may be a replacement

Regards,

Corey

Lovely Buddy

?

Thanks all....the shell itself is great...paint is good, love the texture of it!!! The internals I personaly believe are period bits and peices and add to the character of this lid!