Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National Emblem

Article about: Hi, A lid I have found rather hard to get my hands on in any state of repair but this one has everything I was looking for. It has all paint work intact with a national shield painted on cir

Default M16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National Emblem

Hi,

A lid I have found rather hard to get my hands on in any state of repair but this one has everything I was looking for.

It has all paint work intact with a national shield painted on circa 1933/34. It has been re-issued to the Reichswehr with the addition of the 1920's re-styled liner and 1925 pattern chin strap with buckle and carbine clip fastening system.

Just wanted to share so please accept my apologies for this indulgence.

cheers

Tony

M16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National EmblemM16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National Emblem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Reichswehr Issue Helmet with painted National Emblem
    P
    Many

That's very nice!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    That's very nice!...
    Yes it is !! Complete & not abused. Thanks for the show !!!

Stunning. A really impressive helmet, you must be very pleased.
    Nick

Cheers Nick, would you believe it was listed on UK e bay ! Sometimes there is gold in them hills............. saying that the seller knew exactly what he had.

Also Tony, did you grab this one in the UK? I'm sure I've seen it some place on a dealers site?
    Nick

EDIT: Just seen your reply, we posted at the same time.
    Gold indeed!

Hi Nick, snap ! It may well have been on a dealers site in the UK at some point. It's certainly not going anywhere for a while ...........

A corker! A lovely helmet in superb condition, I love those early carbine chinstraps. Leon.

CBH
    ?

Beautiful helmet, the crackling to the paint on the National shield looks a hundred years old plus.
    I also like the print on the wall, they display well together.

Print is from a piece of work named Der Kreig by Otto Dix............. Weimar Art that was classified degenerate by the people who gave the helmet it's next piece of insignia in 1935.

cheers

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast