Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 reissue DD Polizei

Article about: A newly found interest of mine is within the area of the Polizei and with this in mind I'd like to put up an interesting one that I've come across; As I've figured it's an M16, judging by wh

Default M16 reissue DD Polizei

A newly found interest of mine is within the area of the Polizei and with this in mind I'd like to put up an interesting one that I've come across;

As I've figured it's an M16, judging by what I think is a leather liner band and the way the chinstraps attach --- at the very least it's not an M18. This one has clearly been reissued, with a new coat of paint and fresh decals applied --- the eagle decal is the bordered type though, which is kind of why I'm posting this one up as I've read that only unbordered eagle decals were applied to these older ww1 reissues. The decal underneath the reissue layer of paint appears to be an unbordered example though.

Maybe it's nothing, and I feel the helmet is good overall with patina and the various components matching etc, but I thought I would run this one by you all to be sure before I do anything rash

M16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD PolizeiM16 reissue DD Polizei

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 reissue DD Polizei
    P
    Many

Want to add that the more I think about this now it makes sense with a bordered police decal on a 2nd reissue/repaint layer after all (if I am correct in thinking that the police decals with no borders are the earlier ones).
    I guess questions would only arise if this one sported a bordered eagle police decal from when it was reissued the first time around --- did I get that right? Hope it made sense at least...

Well, would be nice to get some thoughts on this one either way

?

Very interesting helmet, it likely also spent time as an Austrian rural gendarmerie helmet.
    Regards,
    John

Thanks for chiming in, John! I guess that would be due to the two small holes on its left side? Didn't really notice that... lots of history here, for sure!

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Thanks for chiming in, John! I guess that would be due to the two small holes on its left side? Didn't really notice that... lots of history here, for sure!
    There is much to like about this one, it's a great helmet.

How is the strap connected?
    Regards,
    John

I think so too --- I just love the layers of history and the nice patina. It being a bit rough doesn't really matter to me.

One other thing Ive been wondering about is whether these were also worn by Shutzpolizei, in addition to the Ordnungspolizei, I mean. The whole Polizei thing is very interesting but at first quite confusing, I must admit

The strap is connected via the lugs, complete but unfortunately broken on the buckle side.

Well, I like this one, a lot. I am a sucker for the odd ones, and this one, with a bordered Adler, and set back decals, fits the bill nicely! It is an Austrian or Czech shell by the way, with a metal liner band. Nice one, grab it! Jim G.

I am on the very verge of doing so, Jim Thanks for the added info!

I also really like this helmet
    Chris

Hi, that is a killer helmet mate, I cannot see any issues with it myself. An odd ball, certainly, but the decals and over paints all look quite correct from here, I guess this one was just given a period "makeover" after some hard use. A really nice helmet with tons of character. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast