Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M17 Stahlhelm

Article about: Hey. What do you think about this? Is it original German liner? What about the paint? The paint could be Finnish too. Fast answers appreciated. Thank you!

Default M17 Stahlhelm

Hey.

What do you think about this? Is it original German liner? What about the paint? The paint could be Finnish too.

Fast answers appreciated.

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Stahlhelm   M17 Stahlhelm  

M17 Stahlhelm   M17 Stahlhelm  

M17 Stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Looks like it's been repainted and I'm not to sure about that chinstrap, could be Austrian.

Is the interior liner band painted the same colour as the shell?? odd - I am not certain that the rabbit skin liner pad flaps would have been maker marked either - perhaps, perhaps not but it would make me pause. The strap is not austrian they were a webbing strapp with grommets for sizing on the long sectio with a single prong buckle for securing. I wasn't aware of the Finns reusing these but apparently so. It looks purposful and not trying to be 'made up. If the price is decent enough why not get it?

Hey.

It sure might be Finnish ww2 era paintjob. Yes Finns bought about 80 000 of these from Germany and France (war loot) in 1920's. These were used throughout ww2 (Winter War and Continuation War). I think the inside paintjob looks exactly like what the Finns used to do, but im no expert.
    I could propably get it for around 250€-300€. Not sure if it's worth the actual value as it might be a Finnish mod, but well, I collect Finnish war era helmets and this would look great in the collection.