Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M17 with unknown decal. Help!

Article about: Guys, this walked in today. I have not got a clue what the decal remnant is, any ideas?! It's an M17 in WW1/interwar spec. The decal seems to be circular, at least roughly.

Default Re: M17 with unknown decal. Help!

This was from one of my threads. I doubt the badges were put on Afghan lids with any uniformity as the Afghani lid i have the Decal was on the other side. This pic looks to have been painted on maybe?
    Attached Images Attached Images M17 with unknown decal. Help! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 with unknown decal. Help!
    P
    Many

Hmm, that is intriguing actually. I will have a look at it later a lot more closely. The story is it was found in France late in WW2 by a British soldier. Who knows if that is true or not though. Thanks for the help chaps

thats a pic i posted. the affgan helmet had a badge not a decal i think. so there would be two small holes there on the side of the helmet.

I can't see any other colour in it, just red and white so I don't think it can be an Afghan lid. I think it's probably unidentifiable really, probably some ultra obscure local department of some kind, if not post war kids messing with airfix transfers. I will keep on the hunt for a match though.

?

These are pics from an Afghan helmet that I've brought back from Afghanistan myself. Shell in relic condition with the attachementholes on the right side for the badge for the ANA (Afghan National Army) as shown above.

M17 with unknown decal. Help!M17 with unknown decal. Help!M17 with unknown decal. Help!

Kris.

Eastern people decal.
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2