Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M18 Bahnschutz Helmet

Article about: I was going through some of the old threads and found where I had promised to post this one, a rare M18 Bahnschutz helmet. It was reissued as a double decal Heer in the TR period, then relin

Default M18 Bahnschutz Helmet

I was going through some of the old threads and found where I had promised to post this one, a rare M18 Bahnschutz helmet. It was reissued as a double decal Heer in the TR period, then relined, painted Bahnschutz blue and redecaled with the unique decals of the Bahnschutz. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 Bahnschutz Helmet   M18 Bahnschutz Helmet  

M18 Bahnschutz Helmet   M18 Bahnschutz Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Bahnschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M18 Bahnschutz Helmet

I think this one was owned by Bob Coleman back in the day. Bob, if you are still checking in from time to time, is this a former possession? Jim G.

Very rare helmet.not seen very often.

Chris

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I think this one was owned by Bob Coleman back in the day. Bob, if you are still checking in from time to time, is this a former possession? Jim G.
    That does look like the helmet I bought from
    Bob Gramberg in Chicago back in the early 60's. A beautiful piece!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    That does look like the helmet I bought from
    Bob Gramberg in Chicago back in the early 60's. A beautiful piece!
    Thanks Bob, I just love this helmet. I acquired this in a trade from Al Barrows several years ago. Just last month I found a copy of the paperback reference book "Collectors Guide German Relics Supplement 2 - Headgear" from 1968 that featured many of your helmets, and this one is in that book. Do you remember to whom you sold it, was it to Al, or were there other owners in between?It is interesting to now know from whom you acquired it. Do you have any further information about its prior history, or who brought it back, or from where it was taken? Any information that you could share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thanks Bob, I just love this helmet. I acquired this in a trade from Al Barrows several years ago. Just last month I found a copy of the paperback reference book "Collectors Guide German Relics Supplement 2 - Headgear" from 1968 that featured many of your helmets, and this one is in that book. Do you remember to whom you sold it, was it to Al, or were there other owners in between?It is interesting to now know from whom you acquired it. Do you have any further information about its prior history, or who brought it back, or from where it was taken? Any information that you could share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jim G.
    Hi Jim-
    The helmet came out of the South Side of Chicago from an early dealer in 3rd Reich material. He put out an early collectors guide which had the helmet in it. When I sold off my headgear collection in 1973 to pursue Japanese swords, all of my helmets went to Steve Dukes, a very active collector who lived in Anaheim, California. Al Barrows bought a large piece of Steve's collection when he sold out and got married. That is definitley my old helmet. It has been well cared for over the years. Congratulations on being the new custodian.
    BOB

Thanks Bob. If I have anything to say about it, this one will have a permanent spot on my shelf. I have been collecting in one way or another since I was 8, and still get a thrill when the box arrives at the door. Few thrills were as great as when I got this one however. The additional information about its history that you have provided makes it all the more special. Thanks again. Jim G.

Jim-
    If you ever get a chance to find a copy of this very early reference book, here is your helmet.M18 Bahnschutz HelmetM18 Bahnschutz Helmet
    BOB

?

Bob can you tell us anything about the national decal. I have never seen one like it before.
    Thanks
    SteveR

That is one helmet that I love to have.
    chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast