Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decal

Article about: Hi Fellas, This one arrived yesterday, and was waiting for me when I got home from work. I saw it on ebarn a little while back, with some pretty crappy pics, but thought I'd take a chance, a

?

Default M18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decal

Hi Fellas,

This one arrived yesterday, and was waiting for me when I got home from work.
    I saw it on ebarn a little while back, with some pretty crappy pics, but thought I'd take a chance, and put a maximum bid
    on it of what I was willing to pay, not really expecting to win. Turns out that it was enough.
    Its nothing special, and a bit on the salty side as well, but I like it.
    The exterior of the helmet has been painted a dark feldgrau, the inside retains the original apple green paint.
    You can make out the overpainted Heer decal on the left side, I can't see any trace of a decal on the right under the paint.
    I can't see any trace of the original apple green paint on the outside where the darker paint has been lost, not sure what to make about that
    to be honest.

All thoughts and opinions welcome guys.
    Thanks for looking.

Brad.
    M18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decalM18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 ET64 with M31 liner, overpainted Heer decal
    P
    Many

?

Stripped of the exterior green and painted a reissue feldgrau it appears? Rack number painted on the back skirt, I've seen those red digits painted in a similar fashion too. Good score Brad!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Stripped of the exterior green and painted a reissue feldgrau it appears?
    Hi Doug,

That's kind of what I was thinking, but what I couldn't get my head around, was the fact the decal was still there when it has been painted over with the reissue feldgrau.
    I thought that when they stripped the original paint they would have removed the decal as well, but in hand I can clearly see the decal outline.
    Unless it was re-decalled when painted, then later, someone has overpainted the decal with the exact same shade of paint.
    It's a bit of a head scratcher to me at the moment.

Brad.

A nice helmet Brad , especially as it came of the bay, as you say it does throw up a few questions ,maybe someone at a local level decided to follow the lead of the frontline units and remove/cover decals so gave it a brush over? Wild idea , but it's the best I can come up with. Leon.

?

Sounds like a feasible scenario Leon.

Brad.