Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?

Article about: Hello Forum, This M18 helmets is currently for sale, its an Size 62, Et produced M16, that looks as if it was sometime in its life repurposed as a Fire police helmet. The helmet seems to hav

Default M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?

Hello Forum,

This M18 helmets is currently for sale, its an Size 62, Et produced M16, that looks as if it was sometime in its life repurposed as a Fire police helmet.
    The helmet seems to have its original Split Pins, with the broader one on the back, while his liner is a typical fire police helmet liner.
    The Seller Claims that it has remenants of a decal, but to me it more looks like Scratches, although it could be remenants an early fire police decal.

What confuses me is the fact that the Vents have no border arround them, but all M16-18 Models in that size i know have a border arround the vent to support the extra "Stirnpanzer".
    Do i miss information to why the Vents are like this, or is it a missproduction?

All help and opinions would be appreciated!

Regards

M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?
    P
    Many

This is a Civil production of the 1930s made by ET
    The lion you can find in M34 Helmets too
    BG
    Bavarian

Thank you very much! I did not know there was a civil Version produced, thats very interesting.

The scratches on the right of your helmet look to me like they could be the remains of a mobile swastika decal (a thick armed swastika like the one on the first helmet I am posting here). I have a few M18 style ET shells with mobile swastika decals on the right. Here are 2 of them. The second helmet is the same type of interwar commercially produced ET shell as yours. Look at your shell on the left side to see if you can detect any hint of a tri color. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?   M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?  

M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?   M18 Helmet - refurbished Fire Police?  

Thank you very much for the answer!
    I did not buy the helmet yet, but i´m pretty certain the scratches fit the thin winged swastika on your helmet. So far i dont see any remenants of the other decal on the pictures the seller provided, but the Paint and the Liner are the same as your example, as well as the shell stamping, so i´m convinced it once was a similar piece to yours, that got the decals probably post-war scraped of.

I´m trying to buy the helmet, as it seems to me the helmet, regardless of the missing decals, is quite the rare and collectable item.

If the examples shown belong to you, how are these helmets made?
    Do they have the same materials used as M18´s, or are they made of cheaper and lighter metal?

If you do get it I hope it is left as it is, no good is done by attempting to dig out an over painted decal.

If i get it i will definitly leave is at it is. It seems to me it is the original painjob, and i would never touch any original paint!