Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M18, M40 and M42

Article about: Hello everybody! I have just registered,and I hope that I'll manage to fit in your company! As first, I would like to apologize because of my english. Here is my recent "catch"...

Default M18, M40 and M42

Hello everybody!
    I have just registered,and I hope that I'll manage to fit in your company!
    As first, I would like to apologize because of my english.

Here is my recent "catch"...

These helmets were used by Yugoslav army just after WW2. They were repainting helmets in this green colour, and were putting red stars. All of this helmets has like 90% original colour beneath. This M18 is black, and I believe its RZM SS.
    I would like to ask for your opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18, M40 and M42   M18, M40 and M42  

M18, M40 and M42   M18, M40 and M42  

M18, M40 and M42   M18, M40 and M42  

M18, M40 and M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18, M40 and M42
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M18, M40 and M42

Awesome! The paint looks similar to the Finnish color. After carefully cleaning this will be great helmet. I don't think that it's a RZM helmet, it's usual M 18. What about the other helmets?
    Is there still plenty in the stocks Serbia and Croatia?
    Interesting but usually seen by me the helmets like that was hardly re-issued with a 4 or 5 layers of decals and paint.
    This one looks like first black and over a Pocher type decals ( if I'am not wrong due of unrecognizible picture)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Maybe it is RZM,it has black colour beneath the liner. (I'll put pictures as soon as possible) As far as I know Waffen SS didn't have black helmets. Although, it hasn't SS seal inside...

M42 had no decals, but has remains of liner. And this M40 has very strange decal. Maybe it's croatian, but croatian helmets had double decals. I dont' know, maybe somebody knows something more...

I think stuff can be found here because army is cleaning barracks. For example, friend of mine got italian helmet directly from warehouse...

Greetings Schachbrett , welcome aboard , great helmets hope to see some more , cheers Raymond

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    with a first post lioke that you will fit in here very well, my guess is you will be very popular if you keep finding things like them to show do you want my postal address??
    haw! do you want number of my bank account?
    just kidding, these are not for sale,at least not for now.
    oh, and here's the picture I promised. it's not much, but...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18, M40 and M42  

?

I'am first then to your M18
    Regards,
    Dimas

I really appreciate that you like the helmets. Believe it or not, it meens a lot to me. Especially when some people here told me that helmets are all fake! I suppose they are just jelaous.

?

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    I really appreciate that you like the helmets. Believe it or not, it meens a lot to me. Especially when some people here told me that helmets are all fake! I suppose they are just jelaous.
    Belive me, a lot of peoples create opinion based on excellent decals which preserved at least to 90%. Or based in the words/opinion of known textbook authors and their websites. But really I like helmets and have a lot trough my hands. I've seen a lot of originals being called a "fakes"....
    Regards,
    Dimas

maybe the m40 was from a dutch ss vuilonteir

Quote by michiel kruger View Post
    maybe the m40 was from a dutch ss vuilonteir
    No. Actually, I found out what kind of helmet is this. I was planning to open a new thread about this helmet, but since we're here.... It's Ante Pavelic's personal guard helmet. Ante Pavelić was Croatian leader during WW2.
    I found that out by accident. I was watching Croatian "Wochenschau" and in one sequence were members of this personal guard. Camera showed them very closely and...voila!