Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M18 SD Heer Reissue

Article about: I picked this one up in a moment of weakness at a gun show yesterday, after I had missed out on a ventless SD M18 reissue earlier in the morning, and moments after I missed out on a flat bri

Default M18 SD Heer Reissue

I picked this one up in a moment of weakness at a gun show yesterday, after I had missed out on a ventless SD M18 reissue earlier in the morning, and moments after I missed out on a flat brim Austrian Police helmet that was a beauty. It is a pretty fair example, with decent paint and a decent decal, but has issues, including the blood rot damaged liner and the partial damaged chin strap, stretched thin from hanging forgotten on a nail in a cellar or in a garage for decades. It is a size 66 as is clear from the non stepped vent lugs, but the marker and size stamps are covered by the circa 1940 rough textured reissue paint. Not my best helmet, but it is what it is, and certainly was used in combat. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 SD Heer Reissue   M18 SD Heer Reissue  

M18 SD Heer Reissue   M18 SD Heer Reissue  

M18 SD Heer Reissue  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 SD Heer Reissue
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M18 SD Heer Reissue

Jim I think your moments of weakness are far greater than your moments of strength LOL. Nice pick up, she has tons of charachter!

?

I agree with Doug, if thats what you call weakness, pass some my way, very nice lid with loads of character, oh by the way you decking rail needs revarnishing lol

Quote by davejb View Post
    I agree with Doug, if thats what you call weakness, pass some my way, very nice lid with loads of character, oh by the way you decking rail needs revarnishing lol
    Thanks for the kind remarks, and yes, I keep telling the "Better Half" that she should stain the deck, but as usual, she just ignores me! Cheers, Jim G.

Very nice lid! I wish I had helmets like this one at shows over here to have a moment of weakness over!

Jason

I go to shows already feeling weak, so I never have the moments, it's just a constant state of weakness. But great things usually come from those moments, just as yours! Great helmet with great signs of use but still having a nice decal.

Really nice M18 reissue mate, I don't have one of these yet and this one is just what I want

PS. feel free to send it me. I will, of course, pay your postage costs

Very nice pick-up, i wish i would of kept mine, congrats.

Craig

?

Fantastic helmet with lots of history!