Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M18 Transition helmet

Article about: Just received my first transition helmet and it needs to be blessed by the forum. From my online research the liner seems to be an m27, is that correct? I could not find much info on the M27

?

Default M18 Transition helmet

Just received my first transition helmet and it needs to be blessed by the forum. From my online research the liner seems to be an m27, is that correct? I could not find much info on the M27..any extra info would be welcome. Was the chinstrap directly attached to the liner? Is the party shield decal ok? The helmet has a small remnant of a police decal on the other side. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 Transition helmet   M18 Transition helmet  

M18 Transition helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Transition helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M18 Transition helmet

It looks like a "drop bill" helmet, they are not a standard army purchased, but they are surely was used by SS
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas is right, it is a commercial shell known as a "Droop Bill", and should have a maker mark similar to the one on mine shown below. That party shield is a "one looker" - no worries at all. The liner is correct for the shell and definitely appears to be original to the piece. The paint is clearly original as well. With droop bills the chin strap could be attached to the liner or riveted to the shell like the other picture below. Please show the remaining portions of the decal on other side. Are you sure it is the remnants of a Police decal and not a runic shield!?! Whatever is on the other side, this one is a beauty! Congrats, a rare one indeed! Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 Transition helmet   M18 Transition helmet  

?

Thanks for the comments. I added a photo of the other remnants of the decal....doesn't look rune-ish. Also found a signature....looks like Heimweil???
    I could not make out a maker's mark.....the paint was too thick. Is there any way to bring out the mark with messing up the helmet? thanks.

Awesome lid Pablo and i think you are correct with it being a police decal and i'm not sure what it means but they're usually on the opposite sides! a variation? rare? and i dont know about messing with it to find the makers mark you might try a USB microscope rather than scratch off the paint.

Phill

Very good find,great addition to any helmet collector.
    Chris

No need to start playing with it just to find a couple
    of stamps, IMO. It's fine just the way it is.

..... !
    Regards,

Steve.

I wouldn't try to uncover the maker's mark, just leave it as is. It is a DD Police, and I really like it! Nice pick up. I will follow up with a PM. Cheers. Jim G.

Very nice helmet

?

The word "Heimweil" is written on the leather band, but I cannot find the name anywhere on Google search (see previous pic). I assume this to be the name of the owner. Could it possibly mean anything else? Any suggestions?