Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M18 transition police double decal

Article about: Hello, I was offered this M18 Berndorfer transition police double decal helmet. It looks like it may have been a modern repaint to me but I wanted to get your opinions just to be sure. Annoy

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    I don't understand why would you think that I agree with the other members and personally I wouldn't name drop a dealer by all accounts its not his helmet and I don't see a coa, what are those holes for on the left side gents?

Geelong what a fantastic pic of a decal I'd love a breakdown what's wrong with it.

Eric
    COA or not, that is not an original painted helmet. I agree with Eric, the pads and strap are repro, the decals are real but postwar applied (note the unusual crazing around the edges, from shrinkage on the decal matte over decades). The hole I believe is atypical of Austrian Feldgendarmerie helmets where the "flying bomb" insignia is riveted through the helmet.

Eric, the decal Geelong posted is a fake, the decal is a fake Pocher, with the circle offset to the wrong side (real Pochers are slightly offset to the right not the left) and the vertical/horizontal crazing is a giveaway. Also, at 1 o clock, in the top left of the circle, is a fingerprint that each one of these fakes has, I have studied this fake party decal intently. You can only see this "fingerprint" under magnification, it is not visible to the naked eye. The vertical and horizontal crazing creates an almost checkerboard look, and is a sign of incorrect construction

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18  transition police double decal
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2