Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?

Article about: I think this one look OK. Austrian M16 with M31 liner. Missing chin strap, but decals look good. I believe missing paint on pins was due to the earlier metal pins not being compatible to the

?

Default M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?

I think this one look OK. Austrian M16 with M31 liner. Missing chin strap, but decals look good. I believe missing paint on pins was due to the earlier metal pins not being compatible to the paint and it didn't stick. Any opinions welcome.
    M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1916 Double Decal Austrian Transitional Stahlhelm?
    P
    Many

Hi, looks like a nice example to me Al, I see no red flags from here. Leon.

Looks original & typical example often seen.

Fun fact/opinion/theory accepted by the helmet community. These were said/thought to be painted at depot level pre-1940, hence the Nat.sheild application & the HJK Heer decal . They sat in stacks unissued without liners installed until late war...most are seen with 1943 dated liners & everyone I have seen, the liners were installed with late war pins that were painted in rough textured feldgrau paint as yours was due to the helmet being completed in 1943-44. Then they were issued to rear line troops (rear echelon) in some capacity or worn during training.

So basically your example is what it should be. Many of these in collections today are in close to unissued condition due to limited use & would have been an easily found helmet for an Allied soldier to bring home as a trophy.

I agree , looks all good.