Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1942 Helmet on Ebay w/ unique rear flange

Article about: that is some strange Sh@t though, he just lowered it again, I have never heard of a midnight special on nazi helmets before... wtf.

Default Re: M1942 Helmet on Ebay w/ unique rear flange

yeah, 300 isn't horrible though... I don't know... thanks for all the help guys. Seriously, it makes me feel better to get a second opinion on this stuff before I drop money on it. Much appreciated.

Wolf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1942 Helmet on Ebay w/ unique rear flange
    P
    Many

?

Yen mate shells in that size are hard to find with original hardware, and when they do come up they got for more.....Would you really wan to be reenacting in a helmet that you hope will hold its value??? It would be a good option till you cand find one later you can keep on display, whilst using the other for your reenacting

?

By the look of the liner you are going to need to replace the liner with a repeo or original to use it.......original liners would almost be same as what you are spending on the helm. I am in no way a advocate for "at the front" but I do have one of their refirbisrhed shells and they are very good. They can also provide accurate repro decals, so make sure the unit you are going to reenact requires a certain type of helmet or decals for the period they are reenacting

yeah, I'll just buy a repro one to use for now.. it will be cheaper if nothing else. Somebody else can get this one and put the money into it to restore it and make it valuable themselves. Thanks for the link man.

?

Wont hold much value once you start reenacting with a repro liner anyway. BTW I see nothing special about the rear flange, as has been said atypical for an M42.

?

Just make you aware, the shell is fair dinkum 100% german pre 1945, just the liner and chin strap are high quality repro!

?

Mate,

I hope I havent brow beaten you into a decison here, just putting my opinion of what I would do in your case. I have bought a total repro shell in a larger size and they bare basicaly a waste of money, but if you want an original shell that comes with repro parts to use, and maybe find a better shell later wth what you want, then this is the path I would take.

yeah, well that dude just dropped his price to 150.00 is it worth that? I think it might be.

150 is ok if the shipping is not too much. ask him if he will include the shipping for the price.

nah, I'll just stick with the repro. I would get it if I could afford both. I am friggin broke right now. Well, I am buying nazi helmets, but you know what I mean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast