Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1942 Helmet on Ebay w/ unique rear flange

Article about: that is some strange Sh@t though, he just lowered it again, I have never heard of a midnight special on nazi helmets before... wtf.

Question M1942 Helmet on Ebay w/ unique rear flange

There is a M1942 helmet on ebay and it is ending soon, so I was wondering if anybody could look at it and tell me if $175.00 is a good price to try to get it for? Any help would be most appreciated... here is the link.

Original WW2 German Helmet M42 Heer unique rear flange - eBay (item 250692931683 end time Sep-06-10 16:10:27 PDT)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1942 Helmet on Ebay w/ unique rear flange
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M1942 Helmet on Ebay w/ unique rear flange

Honestly I dont see anything really unusual about the flange, looks like a bog standard M42, if anything is unususal it would only be a production flaw, also sounds as if this is a case of seliing a story rather than a helmet, its a M42 shell, they come up fairly reguarly for cheaper and dearer,. Hopefully someone wif more experience may notice something

This flange is typical of all M42's. It is not a flaw !
    They were purposely left unfinished to speed production.

It does have original surface.
    The 'painted' eagle is a let down, but could probably be removed.

Some would say it is not worth $175 - save your money and buy a complete one.
    There is also postage to consider, as well as replacing the liner.

I have paid this much in total ( postage included ) for an M42 shell with partial liner
    and rivets, but it really depends on how badly you want or need it !
    Regards,

Steve.

yeah, well I am going to get into re-enacting and i haven't been able to find a size 66 for less than 200 bucks in that shape... all it needs is a liner and maybe a cover, and it would be almost completely original. I think I am going to snag it if nobody gets it out of my price range... the dude messaged me back and said that the rear flange is a production flaw like you said, but I think that make it a little more rare too because it makes it more pronounced of a flare on it so it looks a little more dramatic than the normal M42's you see everywhere. Maybe I am seeing things, but he kinda convinced me. Thanks for the advice though.

I am waiting till the very end this time though, I get freakin sniped every time I try to get stuff on ebay.

?

Mate you can get a original M42 shell, with repro liner and chicstrap from "At the front" in the size you want. If it is only for reenacting that may be a way to go.

Quote by WolframRaven View Post
    I am waiting till the very end this time though, I get freakin sniped every time I try to get stuff on ebay.
    You will probably be the only bidder...........
    Regards,

Steve.

yeah? I will have to check that out real quick, but it seems like there has to be some validity to getting it as close to original as possible, I mean all the hardware on this one is original and repro is good but I want it to hold value if I spend money on it, cause I am sort of a tightwad. Hence the 185.00 price limit.

?

You may pay about $US300 for it at "at the front", but at least you will get what you want in a totaly refurbished shell, good for reenacting!

sweet. I hope so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast