MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal

Article about: This one came from Al B., indirectly from the MAX, a show I have yet to make. It is a standard Austrian manufactured unmarked M34 square dipped shell, complete with liner and chin strap. The

Default M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal

This one came from Al B., indirectly from the MAX, a show I have yet to make. It is a standard Austrian manufactured unmarked M34 square dipped shell, complete with liner and chin strap. The cork spacers are not secured to the liner band as one sees with German made civil shells - they spin freely when pushed. The draw string looks like it is a replacement, but the rest of the liner assembly is TR period original. The only marking on the interior is the painted number "16", probably a rack number. The decals are the Austrian variant Police decals, with the enlarged Police Adler and the unique elongated unbordered Party Shield, decals seen only on Austrian made helmets. The Adler decal is the same as the one on Chris' terrific flat brim piece recently posted. The Party Shield exhibits wonderful age cracks, impossible to fake. Both decals have chips, but I have been looking for one of these for years, and I am very pleased to have finally landed one. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal   M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal  

M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal   M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal  

M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal   M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Civic Police Helmet - Austrian Police Decal
    P
    Many

?

Not big on these shells but I'd make an exception for this one Jim!

?

Nice example friend.

Nice helmet Jim it's not one I see to often, you must have quite the collection!

Well done Jim on hunting one down, a great addition to your collection. Leon.

Nice lid!...

Great looking helmet! Love those decals!

grumpy looking eagle

Thanks for the favorable reviews. For some reason I like the Austrian variants of the decals, and I am looking for pieces with a "hairy bird" Luft on a crash crew helmet, and the small Police Adler on a civic and a combat shell. I would love to pick up an SS helmet with Austrian manufactured decals, and, of course, one with a mirror runic decal, thought to be of Austrian origin, but then I would be looking for a new place to live, and would probably lose it in the divorce settlement to boot. Well, it's off to work, gotta make some dough in the off chance one of those elusive pieces emerge. Cheers, Jim G.