Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M34 civil "guards helmet"

Article about: Just bringing this thread back up to see if there are any comments or interest out there in these M34 civil factory stenciled lids. Granted, they are not as glamorous as combat lids but ther

Default Re: M34 civil "guards helmet"

Just bringing this thread back up to see if there are any comments or interest out there in these M34 civil factory stenciled lids. Granted, they are not as glamorous as combat lids but there must be more opinion based on these new images other than silence or a 'naysay'??

Keep it civil guys ...... ha, ha - get it? ....... CIVIL - civil helmets!! ........... oh, never mind .....
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 civil "guards helmet"
    P
    Many

So the Arado helmet has arrived - I like it. Here are some more photos, the logo is definitely a stencil, NOT a decal and has the similar amount of weathering to it as does the surrounding area. In fact it looks a lot like the ones I showed on the earlier post with the various factories ( that funnily enough no-one had any comments on though dozens had a look ....... strange?? )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 civil "guards helmet"   M34 civil "guards helmet"  

M34 civil "guards helmet"   M34 civil "guards helmet"  

Last edited by Danmark; 11-18-2012 at 04:47 AM.

And there are some ADM images at 200X magnification. Again, while the age of the paint cannot be determined, the white and black paint seems comparable in appearance. ( What looks like sanding marks cant be seen with the naked eye - remember at 200X you can see the pores on your skin - thats BIG! )

Dan ( oh, almost forgot the )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 civil "guards helmet"   M34 civil "guards helmet"  

M34 civil "guards helmet"   M34 civil "guards helmet"  

I'd love to see this one in hand Dan. Does it feel like it has been cleaned / polished? I can't find any stencils of this type to buy online so that's a good sign. If I'm honest though, I just don't know enough about these to make a call (bit of a cop out I know )

It does look as though someone has put some polish on it - certainly NOT a flat paint job Andy. But it IS a painted logo. I tried to find an edge to see if it was a vinyl decal and even ( shudder ) teased the edge with an exacto knife but only managed to chip a bit off so I stopped. It had a comb at one stage ( the ones without combs have plugs in the holes ) and you can see the shadow so the paint is original.

Anyway, I'm happy for the price I paid even if it doesn't get a thumbs up from everyone ( I wouldn't spend $300 on one - thats what others are asking )
    Cheers, Dan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3