Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M34 Polizei helmet

Article about: I acquired this helmet from a forum member, very pleased with it! I'm not sure if it's a Polizei helmet or Feuerschutzpolizei, after noticing the leather tabs around the back of the liner, t

Default M34 Polizei helmet

I acquired this helmet from a forum member, very pleased with it!

I'm not sure if it's a Polizei helmet or Feuerschutzpolizei, after noticing the leather tabs around the back of the liner, to which a leather neck guard could attach. It's not a converted Feuerwehren helmet, because there is no comb or replacement plugs. There is however the extra dome padding. Any info on this?

The helmet has been shot three times (3 entry and 2 exit holes), though presumably shortly after capture as target practice... or to make a point? There is no blood on the liner. I don't know if it's possible to work out what kind of rounds went through it?

Thoughts and info on this are appreciated! I need to find a dummy head small enough to display this on now, it's a size 56.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Polizei helmet   M34 Polizei helmet  

M34 Polizei helmet   M34 Polizei helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Polizei helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M34 Polizei helmet

Feuerschutzpolizei, and a nice one too.

nice helmet with a lot of character good buy

Thanks for the feedback!

Mat

Feuerschutzpolizei thats been used for target pratice imo..
    wayne

Quote by wj2373 View Post
    Feuerschutzpolizei thats been used for target pratice imo..
    wayne
    why do you say target practice?????

The fact that there's NO blood and it was common practice both during and after the war by young men to shoot these helmets up..i've had helmets that i thought were shot up kia helmet's only to findout there were most likely target pratice...Then on the flipside i've had helmets that have had blood and chinstrap cut ...In this case it defo is target pratice i'm afraid....very nice all the same....
    wayne

Quote by wj2373 View Post
    The fact that there's NO blood and it was common practice both during and after the war by young men to shoot these helmets up..i've had helmets that i thought were shot up kia helmet's only to findout there were most likely target pratice...Then on the flipside i've had helmets that have had blood and chinstrap cut ...In this case it defo is target pratice i'm afraid....very nice all the same....
    wayne
    This is exactly what I thought, and honestly I don't think I'd ever want a helmet covered in blood. I bought it on the understanding it was shot after capture, as is clear in my post. It's a nice, rough example with bullet holes that say something of the owner's thoughts on the Nazi regime... and the lack of interest / value these things had at the time, just souvenir junk. I think they add to the piece just as much, without the morbid aspects of a KIA helmet.

Mat

Perhaps i'm a Sicko lol i love battle damaged stuff if it's got blood fine thats war...
    wayne

Great lid, Mat. Ever come up with a small enough dummy head for it? There's some great items for sale in the classifieds! Nice purchase!

Luke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast