Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35, authentic?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you for your opinions about this M35. Maybe I could buy it. With best wishes alter musketier

Default M35, authentic?

Dear all,

May I ask you for your opinions about this M35. Maybe I could buy it.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    P.S.: Hope these pictures are a bit better.

M35, authentic?

M35, authentic?

M35, authentic?

M35, authentic?

M35, authentic?

M35, authentic?

M35, authentic?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35, authentic?
    P
    Many

Looks all original. From these images. A nice stock standard. SE m35

I'm not comfortable with this helmet based on these sub par, grainy photos. Signs of pitting on the shell. The liner and band almost look to be protruding out of the dome, as if they are too big for the shell. And for a shell with pitting and wear, the liner band is fairly clean and shiny. And the strap looks like a fake. That's what I see in these photos. I would not buy it based on these photos.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    I'm not comfortable with this helmet based on these sub par, grainy photos. Signs of pitting on the shell. The liner and band almost look to be protruding out of the dome, as if they are too big for the shell. And for a shell with pitting and wear, the liner band is fairly clean and shiny. And the strap looks like a fake. That's what I see in these photos. I would not buy it based on these photos.
    the image are not the best. the helmet looks in a salty condition . some clear strait on photos will help.

Hi, well I think that the M35 is a factory re-furb example with the later helmet liner band fitted. As for the leather components, I too am unsure about them as the leather liner appear to protrude a touch and I am not keen on the heavily rusted chinstrap parts. Better images are a must really for this one to be sure about that liner. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 02-07-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your advices. Which photos would be necessary? It's a question of resolution too?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 02-10-2015 at 05:54 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Leon, what do you mean by later liner band? That band is the second model reinforced aluminum band.

Better pics all around would help. Yes the resolution on these photo is very bad.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Leon, what do you mean by later liner band? That band is the second model reinforced aluminum band.

Better pics all around would help. Yes the resolution on these photo is very bad.
    Hi, that's what I meant, rather than the earlier "square" bale type. Leon.

Dear all,

Thank you so much again for your evaluations. In case of doubts I prefer not to buy it.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 02-10-2015 at 05:55 AM.

how much are they asking and where is this helmet for sale. cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast