Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Camo helmet evaluation

Article about: un étron ......... ( I put a smiley at the end )

Default Re: M35 Camo helmet evaluation

Quote by relicz View Post
    Doug will shoot this down in a heart beat......as will most anyone with any helmet experience at all.
    I hear you, I think Im just going to pass on this one not worth the whatever he wants for it ($$$$$$$$). Thankyou relicz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Camo helmet evaluation
    P
    Many

I have to agree with all the comments already put down here. From the first picture on wards the helmet looked wrong. The paint just doesn't not show the wear you would expect, plus the liner as mentioned etc. I think you made the right choice to leave this alone.

Jason

Pass on it. That paint is junk.

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    Affirmative on your posts, as a learning tool for myself when talking about the paint being postwar what are all of you looking at? is to clean? color issues? and I do see what your talking about with the decals, I was kind of half and half on this. I do like the liner but this wont make me a buyer. Im awaiting DOUGB for the final review. No offense friends, Lol!
    Hi, as everyone has said,the outer shell paint is post war.The real give away for me(apart from the colours are incorrect)is that it has been applied using a fine spray nozzle,that was just not used back then.Could you imagine the time it would take to spray a truck using one of these! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, as everyone has said,the outer shell paint is post war.The real give away for me(apart from the colours are incorrect)is that it has been applied using a fine spray nozzle,that was just not used back then.Could you imagine the time it would take to spray a truck using one of these! Leon.
    what! no airbrushing back then!! That makes good sense I see what your talking about, though airbrushing a German 88 would be ridiculous challenge, Lol. I don't know what to tell this guy about his helmet? sometimes the truth hurts but then he probably knows this is a counterfeit. I am passing on this one, I thank my new good friends here. Hope everybody is doing well.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Pass on it. That paint is junk.
    Absolutely!!!! Good hearing from you again.

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    what! no airbrushing back then!! That makes good sense I see what your talking about, though airbrushing a German 88 would be ridiculous challenge, Lol. I don't know what to tell this guy about his helmet? sometimes the truth hurts but then he probably knows this is a counterfeit. I am passing on this one, I thank my new good friends here. Hope everybody is doing well.
    Hi Major Tom, they did use air brushing/spray paint,just with much more heavy duty equipment.Most sprayed cammo's are done in the field using the spray equipment that was used to re-spray trucks etc.This paint work is to fine,like a modern fine spray nozzle. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Major Tom, they did use air brushing/spray paint,just with much more heavy duty equipment.Most sprayed cammo's are done in the field using the spray equipment that was used to re-spray trucks etc.This paint work is to fine,like a modern fine spray nozzle. Leon.
    Affirmative on that, I had seen these industrial sprayers and the canned version's before in surplus supply depots here in the States that had been used in WWII, Korea, I was just referring to the pencil airbrushes that people use today for Art work, I definitely see on this helmet what everybody had referred about, I would think to they would have done some hand brushing on as well atleast I have seen this in some of the books I have and on the Websites. Thanks again Leon.

Un citron.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Un citron.

Une dinde.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Camo helmet evaluation  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast