Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 camo or not

Article about: This is the first helmet I ever bought and was selling it at one time to fund another purchase but I sold another one instead. Question is it a camo and if so, for a lack of a better word wh

not similar?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 camo or not   M35 camo or not  

M35 camo or not  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 camo or not
    P
    Many

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Well the verdict is in no camo that does not bother me but what is the rough texture I have looked at it with a loupe it does not look like rust it appears to be concrete any ideas.
    Zimmerit?....

I do not know,but I think that if

Gunny you may be right, I do believe it is zimmerit. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Ok here is another question that should be for another thread. What makes something a "camo" where is the line drawn? I am not asking for the sake of my helmet but WHAT make a helmet a camo? WHY was zimmerit added to this helmet if that is what is on the helmet?

camo-this is when the colors are spots.sory my english is bad
    Ok here is another question that should be for another thread. What makes something a "camo" where is the line drawn? I am not asking for the sake of my helmet but WHAT make a helmet a camo? WHY was zimmerit added to this helmet if that is what is on the helmet?

Camouflage:concealment by some means that alters or obscures the appearance. That can mean paint, leaves,sawdust, etc. correct?

i have two,one from attic other dug out kurland

- - ------- - -

yes friend,,,,,
    Camouflage:concealment by some means that alters or obscures the appearance. That can mean paint, leaves,sawdust, etc. correct?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 camo or not   M35 camo or not  

M35 camo or not   M35 camo or not  

?

I do not see zimmerit and do not believe it was ever used on helmets in the field despite some that believe it was. What makes a camo is any application to disguise or make the object more difficult to see. So really anything other than a factory or reissue paint is technically a camo. Without seeing the helmet in hand or far better photos it just looks like simple rust specs to me.

Default Update photos for Doug

Is it rust or a rough fixture? Thanks,

M35 camo or not  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast