Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

M35 camouflage Luftwaffe

Article about: Picked this up today, small size ET62 . All looks good in hand the greens are coming out about Aqua in the photos , but pretty good to actual helmet best I can do on iPad. Hope of interest.

?

I agree Terry, it is all about line work, shading, proportion, and positioning. This one is pretty obvious.
    Last edited by relicz; 10-18-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    Regards,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 camouflage Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

I have just used my blue light on the decal, and it shows the lacquer fixing the decal goes over the camouflage paint, so now in my mind a definite fake , not the result I wanted , now to try and get my money back and find a new hobby. Had enough of the fakers.

?

Quote by busman View Post
    I have just used my blue light on the decal, and it shows the lacquer fixing the decal goes over the camouflage paint, so now in my mind a definite fake , not the result I wanted , now to try and get my money back and find a new hobby. Had enough of the fakers.

I hope you can get your money back - best of luck, I sincerely mean that. Unfortunatey fraud exist in many areas, not just collecting. With time, patience, education,...and more importatly - community support, a quality collection can be put together. It all just depends how much passion you have for it.

Fwiw, it is better you found out now, while you still have some possible recourse, than many years in the future.
    Last edited by relicz; 10-18-2016 at 08:37 PM.
    Regards,
    John

Sorry that its turned out to be a bad one for you Tim. I've learned a few things about the 2nd pattern decal myself thanks to M38 (Terry). But it is always better to have an explanation of why something is bad, than just to be told; 'its a fake.' I wouldn't give up the hobby though, you obviously enjoy it. Did you buy from a reputable dealer - or was it just someone selling privately?

Cheers,
    Steve.

?

Now I know why it's a bad one and not just told it is an obvious fake I feel I can learn by this one too, so not all bad . As they say nothing wrong in making a mistake as long as we learn by it. I feel it's a shame that a great hobby is being ruined by people who have no interest in it apart from the money it makes them. I just don't have the free cash to make mistakes with ,so maybe time to take a break from it. I will have a go at getting my money back at the weekend .

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Sorry that its turned out to be a bad one for you Tim. I've learned a few things about the 2nd pattern decal myself thanks to M38 (Terry). But it is always better to have an explanation of why something is bad, than just to be told; 'its a fake.' I wouldn't give up the hobby though, you obviously enjoy it. Did you buy from a reputable dealer - or was it just someone selling privately?

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Totally disagree Steve - I expected a bit more input from other members, when asked I posted a corrected enlargement and gave hints, by not giving the easy answer right away, you actually took the time to find, compare , analyze, and post pictures. Something that will remain with you and Tim much longer than an easy answer. There are no short cuts in this hobby and the lack of effort and education can be extremely costly. Just my two cents on the matter.
    Last edited by relicz; 10-19-2016 at 02:22 AM.
    Regards,
    John

Hi all, only just "dipped back in to this thread" and I sadly stand corrected! I must admit I would have been fooled by the images alone despite my concerns over the horrid green spray. Well done to Relics and M38 for spotting and standing up to this one against the flow. As said, better Busman knows now than 20 years later. I hope you can get your money back asap. Leon.

When analyzing helmets-especially camo's- these days, one needs to take into account all aspects of them, down to the smallest detail. Decal,paint,liner types,appearances and markings,chinstraps,even the bolts. The fakers are getting Very good at their thievery...I can just imagine 20 years from now. Thankfully, I won't have to worry about it then...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    When analyzing helmets-especially camo's- these days, one needs to take into account all aspects of them, down to the smallest detail. Decal,paint,liner types,appearances and markings,chinstraps,even the bolts. The fakers are getting Very good at their thievery...I can just imagine 20 years from now. Thankfully, I won't have to worry about it then...
    Spot on! I am sure I will still call a crap one good every now and then though! Oh, by the way William, I hope the only reason you will not have to worry about them in 20 years is because you have not bought any!! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Aside from the decal, which I am not qualified to opine on, this one had me fooled as well. Yes, the green paint was throwing me but the wear looked ok.

You are right, fakes have gotten so good that unless I have iron provenance I'm not buying them.

And yes, special kudos to John/Terry. I aspire one day to have a fraction of their knowledge, but it takes practice and even mistakes to learn....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast