Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

M35 camouflage Luftwaffe

Article about: Picked this up today, small size ET62 . All looks good in hand the greens are coming out about Aqua in the photos , but pretty good to actual helmet best I can do on iPad. Hope of interest.

?

The really odd part is why they chipped away the paint in the shape of the Decal than put the Decal on. Hope they didn't ruin a camouflage helmet by adding a fake decal. Either way it's now crap. Good news tho the guy is giving me a full refund.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 camouflage Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

I'm glad to read that you didn't get burned on this one and are getting a refund!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by busman View Post
    The really odd part is why they chipped away the paint in the shape of the Decal than put the Decal on. Hope they didn't ruin a camouflage helmet by adding a fake decal. Either way it's now crap. Good news tho the guy is giving me a full refund.
    Again no expert. I found that strange as well. Painted with a colour away from the norm over a shield. Chipped out the shape of a decal when there would probably have been one anyway and added a fake one. A strange one mate, could be a waste. glad your getting your cash back.
    Well done to those who spotted the decal.
    Rod

?

Well to round this up ,Many thanks to those who stopped me getting burned and to those who showed interest and maybe gained a bit more knowledge , our only weapon against the con artist.

Hi, just a footnote regarding this helmet. I went to my local militaria fair (Bromley) this morning and the first thing I see is this helmet for sale. I zeroed in to take a look (and I am pleased you got your money back Busman) the dealer noting my interest said it was an honest unmessed with camo, for sale at £500, although I mentioned a few of the issues he was unfazed and not going to budge on his opinion. Well 500 quid would be a great price if it was an original camo.

I am not trying to score points here, but I too was at an arms fair this morning. My M42 battle-damaged helmet which I posted recently, was examined by a few dealers and given a clean bill of health - as I always knew it would be. As I wasn't selling it, there was no point in them lying to me either. Moral of the story, always get your helmet examined in hand too if you possibly can. Photographs DO NOT show everything. Although judgement can usually be made from good clear photographs, it really isn't always the case. If you don't believe it, try sending pictures to a dealer and ask him to make an offer on a helmet going off the pictures alone.

True, but then too, quite often high res and good close up photos will show details that are not immediately apparent to the naked eye. So, yes-both ways have their advantages.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Hi, just a footnote regarding this helmet. I went to my local militaria fair (Bromley) this morning and the first thing I see is this helmet for sale. I zeroed in to take a look (and I am pleased you got your money back Busman) the dealer noting my interest said it was an honest unmessed with camo, for sale at £500, although I mentioned a few of the issues he was unfazed and not going to budge on his opinion. Well 500 quid would be a great price if it was an original camo.
    It must be a different helmet as I only returned it on Saturday.

Quote by busman View Post
    It must be a different helmet as I only returned it on Saturday.
    Nope, exactly the same, I have his business card, I can confirm the dealers name if you want?

Trying to find an "unquestionable camo, is nigh on impossible. Just look at Bill shea's 12k one that is getting ripped apart

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast