Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 DD Heer

Article about: Hello. Your Thoughts on this M35, please. I'm not sure about the tri color. Looks too good for the condition of the helmet and Heer decal. It's an NS. Thanks in advance.

Well definetly original apple green paint to me looks like a possible remains of a name or unit painted on the back skirt decals I admit are a tough one I do like the Heer Adler. Not that bad to my eyes liner is ageing which is ok. Nice solid M-35 in my eyes I have a bunker found one not near in that good of shape. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer
    P
    Many

The more I look at it the more I feel that it is an ex double decal that had some black paint on it that has been stripped back. At that point I guess the tri-colour was either heavily damaged or period removed so a new tri-colour was placed on the helmet post war. The areas of rusting around the tri-colour are quite heavy and there looks to be a few "rougher" areas under the very clean looking decal. Leon.

Thanks for the discussion and comments. Hopefully it continues, but for the price he wants, I'm not interested. But I hope that doesn't stop the conversation. The Adler I'm on the fence about. The tri color just doesn't convince me. The rest of the helmet has taken a beating by wear it cleaning, but the tri color doesn't show the same signs. The seller says it was discussed on GHW2 and is looking for the links. I will post the link if he finds and send them to me.

With regards to the finish this looks just like a dd Heer I was offered here in Norway earlier this year. I was thinking the liner is fine as well, just a bit rough condition due to poor storage. I'll leave the decals out of it as I'd struggle to say either way... post-war paint having been cleaned off but no signs of this on the decals would definitely make me suspicious though..

Supposedly this one came out of New York. The seller is local here in Maryland and I have talked to him on the phone so it's probably not the same as the one you were offered in Norway, unless it made its way over here. The asking price is $2200. Not for me.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Supposedly this one came out of New York. The seller is local here in Maryland and I have talked to him on the phone so it's probably not the same as the one you were offered in Norway, unless it made its way over here. The asking price is $2200. Not for me.
    There are far to many potential problems with this one to justify that price Todd(stripped & cleaned,rough liner and definitely one very suspect decal). A good decision to leave it well alone! Leon.

[QUOTE=helmetone The asking price is $2200. Not for me.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Drop a zero off and it is more like it. Jim G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2