Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Heer

Article about: Hello. Your Thoughts on this M35, please. I'm not sure about the tri color. Looks too good for the condition of the helmet and Heer decal. It's an NS. Thanks in advance.

Default M35 DD Heer

Hello. Your Thoughts on this M35, please. I'm not sure about the tri color. Looks too good for the condition of the helmet and Heer decal. It's an NS. Thanks in advance.

M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer
    P
    Many

Is there or was there another decal under the tri color? I like the looks of the helmet. The tri color does look fresh Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I wonder if this was a denazified helmet that someone has since slapped on repro decals and aged them a little. It almost looks like heer decal has something under it.

Looks tiny...a '60'?

Hi Todd , I see what you mean , I am not that keen on it either. The tri-colour looks to have a small "split" in the white band as if it is a newly applied decal that has shrunk when drying out? Leon.

@ Glenn - yes a 60 I think.

@ Leon - talked to seller. supposedly this helmet was discussed on GHW. He is trying to find the thread.

Can't always discount a decal because of the split...
    M35 DD Heer

If it is fake its pretty convincing to my neophyte eyes. The one thing I don't like is the border, it looks like the edges of a water slide decal. I don't recall seeing any like that before. I know lacquer sometimes leaves a border, but that doesn't look the same IMHO!

As always take my opinion with a grain of salt... Helmetone, your experience vastly exceeds mine... just thought I would share my thoughts. Feel free to educate me if I am incorrect!

Looks like modern repro decals slapped over old ones for whatever reason. I'm fairly certain they are fakes.

I like the liner, and the adler looks fine, an HJ&K I believe, but the tricolor is definitely bad, and on my I-phone it looks like there was black postwar war paint that was removed, but this is after a few bourbons and a small screen for what that is worth. Jim G.

Mould spores on the leather todd?
    If re-decaled it may have been stored badly and rust and Mould formed
    Just a thought....
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast